3. Carnival Horizon
We booked this cruise almost a year in advance before the ship was completed. We booked the Havana Section THANK GOD !! It saved the cruise for us !! The Havana section was fantastic ! Not crowded, excellent bartenders and a fab waitress and waiters. They were great as was our cabin steward. He was terrific. We are both Platinum VIFP members on Carnival and were treated very well.. thing is its a lot more $$$ and many people simply cant afford that extra few hundred,,, The lines for the shows and comedians were always the length of the ship we weren't able to see one at all. The one we did see was different but most found it odd. we had to stand so we left. We did the sea day brunch and waited over 40 minutes for pasta and eggs,,bad service in that dining area on that specific day although I never had an issue in the main dining room during the cruise and we were anytime seating. We enjoyed the cruise overall, but there were many unhappy people in the main part of the ship. We went through it to get food and nearly got knocked over it was so crowded. Same with the food buffets. There were lines of people waiting in every station. Forget pizza at night,, a 45 minute wait and no room service answering the phones. We opted for the steakhouse and the Italian place. They have additional charges but were worth it. If your in the main part of the ship I suggest you change to Havana if you can to avoid the crowds and never getting a lounge chair. So many people were complaining on the ship that I often wondered if we were really on the same cruise ?? I think a lot of it is that the crew is new to the ship and there a thousands of passengers that simply weren't taken care of. We were but I review with all in mind. We did cancel a future trip to Bermuda simply because I would prefer a smaller ship. I never left the ship but folks that did told us that was a 30-55 minute wait get off the ship and the same to get on. Even as platinums we were asked to wait on line. there was no line for platinums or diamonds which there usually are.

Nice new ship, too many people and not enough space at shows or attractions.

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by johnandtomnyc

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony

johnandtomnyc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin HI 8467
Great cabin with huge deck,, but a very very hot deck during the day and limited privacy as everyone from above can see you. It has no sun but if you want privacy take the 9th floor rooms.Otherwise theres no privacy really. Nice and quiet section on the ship.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins