MSC Opera Cruise Review

Hubby's first cruise - and he's sold.

MSC Opera Cruise Review by pegsim

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

We chose this cruise because of the Havana connection and the great price.

The first thing I would like to say is that the cruise staff need to know that not all Canadians speak French. When we first arrived, our brochures were all in French. Also, we were assigned a dining table with French speaking guests [we were moved to another table]. Perhaps a “Preferred language” should be indicated when guests initially purchase their cruise.

We loved our cruise, and my husband is now sold on cruising. The food was great, the staff was great, the entertainment was great, for the most part. Really nothing to complain about, except the lack of chaises around the pool during “at sea” days – but there’s nothing that can be done about that as every available space had a chaise in it. No room for more. Why are the pools so deep?

Kudos to one of the waiters in the pool/bar area. A toddler got away from her parents [pool area] and climbed the stairs to the upper deck. The waiter followed the child and brought her back down. Together they found the frantic parents. Of note, the railings on the upper deck would not have prevented a child from falling overboard. He was amazing.

One other thing to mention… When we were re-boarding the ship after our stop in Cozumel, I had to move over to allow someone to pass who was going in the opposite direction. I ended up tripping on something that was behind the curtain [my husband thought it might have been a ladder] and nearly fell. My shin was badly scraped and bruised.

I’m sure we’ll be doing more cruises, might be with MSC, and it might be with another cruise line – it will all depend on itinerary.

pegsim's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin I1 deck 9

Pretty tight, but we were only there to sleep. And that tiny little shower! No other issues. Had to bring an extension cord to plug in my CPAP machine - good thing I had one.

Cozumel

It rained the entire time we were in Cozumel, but we found a couple of great restaurants and bars and checkout the places that sold gold jewelry and had a great time.

First we had a side trip to Hell so we could say we had been to Hell and Back - and to send postcards to prove. On the actual excursion we visited Starfish Point, Stingray City and snorkeled at a third stop. We thoroughly enjoyed the excursion.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Montego Bay

Did not get off the ship as I was rather ill.

pegsim