• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

MSC Opera Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Hubby's first cruise - and he's sold.

Review for MSC Opera to Cuba
pegsim
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Interior Stateroom
Pool deck
Leaving Havana harbour
One of the dining areas

We chose this cruise because of the Havana connection and the great price.

The first thing I would like to say is that the cruise staff need to know that not all Canadians speak French. When we first arrived, our brochures were all in French. Also, we were assigned a dining table with French speaking guests [we were moved to another table]. Perhaps a “Preferred language” should be indicated when guests initially purchase their cruise.

We loved our cruise, and my husband is now sold on cruising. The food was great, the staff was great, the entertainment was great, for the most part. Really nothing to complain about, except the lack of chaises around the pool during “at sea” days – but there’s nothing that can be done about that as every available space had a chaise in it. No room for more. Why are the pools so deep?

Interior Stateroom

Cabin I1

Pretty tight, but we were only there to sleep. And that tiny little shower! No other issues. Had to bring an extension cord to plug in my CPAP machine - good thing I had one.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

It rained the entire time we were in Cozumel, but we found a couple of great restaurants and bars and checkout the places that sold gold jewelry and had a great time.

Montego Bay

Did not get off the ship as I was rather ill.

1 Helpful Vote