3. Harmony of the Seas
Harmony of the Seas June 2018 Absolutely fantastic! My husband and I had avoided the BIG ships previously because of concerns about overcrowding. We shouldn’t have worried. I kept asking the crew where they hide all the people. This time, with 3 grandkids along, we wanted lots of active options for ages 16 -21. There were so many different venues (something for everyone) that I documented through photos that none were overcrowded. One grandson (a roller coaster fan) rode the abyss about 50 times. The staff was SO helpful and friendly. Either they really like their jobs or they deserve an academy award for great acting. I loved the International crew and got to practice the bits of language I picked up on our many other (non cruise) travels. We all enjoyed the food. The staff in the main dining room was excellent and so very attentive. The windjammer had great variety and was constantly restocked. The staff was “on the spot” for any spills on the floor and cleaned the tables so promptly that even at peak lunch times there was no waiting. I really like the entrances to the windjammer buffet with sinks for hand washing. Great idea for food safety. We didn’t go to any specialty restaurants because the complementary options were just fine. We all loved ALL the shows. My husband and I are originally from NYC and I was amazed at the quality on a CRUISE SHIP. The grandkids enjoyed the clubs while we preferred to relax in the evening in “Central Park” with easy listening guitar music. The ship was super clean – cabins, food areas, public areas etc. If a passenger dropped something, it was immediately attended to. Crew was everywhere asking us if everything was OK. I should mention that we are early risers and made great use of the fitness center and running/walking track so perhaps that had something to do with our lack of crowds throughout the day. We did tend to get an early start. We took a snorkeling excursion which was great, even for me, a first timer. Saw lots of fish and turtles in St Thomas in the crystal clear water. After leaving the ship, we took the Everglades airboat tour and saw alligators in the wild plus rescues at a wildlife center. Very informative and nice to have an option to sitting at the airport for an extra 4 hours. We took advantage of the luggage valet service so our bags were checked through to home by RCI and all we had with us was our carry-on stuff. The excursion bus took us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight home. We had booked our flights through RCI just for convenience and were VERY glad we did. Although we allowed over 4 hours to make our connecting flight TO Ft Lauderdale, our airline had cancelled ALL flights during the previous 24 hours and with the backup we missed the boat. RCI worked with them to fly us directly to Nassau and put us up at a beachfront hotel. We relaxed there and joined the ship when it arrived the next morning. RCI is my cruise line from now on. They did a GREAT job saving our family vacation. NOTE: I just read a “terrible” review of our cruise. Hard to believe we were on the same ship. The only thing I agree with is that there were some children in the “adult” hot tub in the Solarium which should have been limited to ages 16 and over. True, the staff didn’t do anything about it. Perhaps they would have if others had complained? Obviously the parents who brought children there didn’t care about rules and I’m not sure how you would handle people obnoxious enough to do something like that. You meet them in all areas of life. On the whole I thought the children throughout the ship were quite well behaved.

Absolutely Fantastic!

Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N
We wanted ocean view balconies but booked too late to get 2 next to each other.
The deck 3 ocean view turned out to be just fine.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins