3. Serenade of the Seas
My husband and I picked this cruise as a compromise for our honeymoon and it turned out absolutely amazing! We arrived in Copenhagen on Thursday afternoon and had Thursday, Friday and Saturday to explore which was probably the minimum amount of time I would suggest in Copenhagen. It's such a beautiful city with so much history. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza which is a quick trip from the airport and 5 minute walk from the metro station with easy access to the downtown area which was perfect for us. They also offer a shuttle to the cruise port for a reasonable fee. Embarkation would be the only really negative I have for this cruise. Royal Caribbean only offered priority boarding for Diamond members and above at this port, this was not advertised anywhere and in fact I had received an email 1 week prior to sailing confirming this benefit. My husband and I booked a spa appointment for the day we boarded the ship and arrived at the port 2 hours before the appointment thinking it would be more than enough time but due to the fact we had to board in the general line it took quite some time and we were delayed getting to our appointment. Once we got on the ship everything else was great! It was my first time on a smaller ship and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I wasn't disappointed at all. Our cabin was ready promptly at 1pm so we were able to rush there to drop our stuff before heading to our spa appointment. Once we returned from that our luggage was waiting outside our room so we were able to shower before heading out to enjoy the set sail activities after the muster drill. The service aboard was great as with all the Royal cruises we've experienced. Everyone we encountered went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed. It was our first experience with My Time Dining and we really enjoyed it. I had made our reservations about a week before we boarded the ship on the Cruise Planner, we did change our time one evening after we already boarded it and wasn't a problem. On the 2nd day we asked the host about getting a table along the window so we could enjoy the beautiful scenery while we dined. He was a little hesitant at first, but once we explained we absolutely didn't mind waiting until one opened up it wasn't a problem getting a table by the window every night. We never waited more than 15-20 minutes. All of the ports were absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Our first was Stavanger, which we chose to do the Pulpit Rock Hike. This was very difficult but extremely rewarding once you reached the top. My husband and I weren't show if Royal was being over careful by all the warnings about the strenuous nature of the hike but they weren't so I would definitely take caution booking this excursion if you're not prepared to hike up/down a mountain for at least 4 hours in all weather. The 2nd port was Bergen and it was probably our favorite port. We did a city tour and then our last stop was at the Ice Bar which was really neat to see. After this tour we had lots of time to explore the city on our own, grab lunch in the outdoor fish market and just enjoy the great weather we had! My suggestion for this port would be that you can easily do the Ice Bar on your own, it's a nice walk from the dock and you can enjoy the fish market on the way. We ended up not boarding the bus back to the dock and left from there on our own exploring. The 3rd port was Alesund. I would have to say this was our least favorite port which was a little sad since we had the longest time here. Our boating trip was canceled about a week before departure for an unknown reason. We booked the Sugar Top Hike last minute which was really neat and had beautiful views at the top once the weather cleared up a bit. Afterwards we had about 8 hours to explore the city. I'm not sure if we missed anything but not a lot of restaurants or places weren't open for some reason and since our excursion changed shortly before we departed we unfortunately didn't do a lot of research on what else there was to do. It was still beautiful and we enjoyed everything! The last port was Gerainger which is breathtaking!! I would highly suggest booking some sort of excursion or activity while in this port. It is a very small town and not much to do if you don't have anything planned. We booked the Storeseterfossen waterfall hike and Westeras Farm visit which was very enjoyable. I would also caution that this is not as leisurely of a hike as it was worded in the description from Royal Caribbean. There was quite a few people in our group that either didn't make it to the top or had some trouble. Getting off the ship was very easy for us!! We took advantage of the Crown and Anchor lounge to debark and walked off the ship and had our luggage within 10 minutes. I would highly suggest booking the ships transfers to the airport or making sure you have some sort of transportation from the cruise ship terminal in advance. The port is quite a distance from the city center and the taxi line was EXTREMELY long. We booked the ships transfers which was great. The only downfall is they dropped us off in the domestic terminal and we had to drag our luggage over to the international terminal. Overall I would suggest this cruise to anyone! The ports were amazing, the service aboard was amazing and it was the perfect mix of exploring when we in ports to having time to relax while aboard the ship. It was definitely a different vibe from the Caribbean cruises I've been on before but we really enjoyed it and already booked a Baltic cruise for next summer!

Amazing Honeymoon

Peaches62’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 8030
We had a standard balcony stateroom. We enjoyed being towards the front of the ship in the bumped out part so that there was nothing below or above our balcony. We were also close to the forward elevators which made getting to the bars/ restaurants and everything else simple since we weren't using the main elevators.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Alesund
    This was a great hike, it was about an hour up the mountain and a little less to get down. There really isn't a defined trail up the mountain, there are numerous different paths you can take once you get out of the forest area. The views from the top are absolutely stunning, hopefully it's a clear day so you can see a great distance.
    View All 12,994 Alesund Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Alesund Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    We did the city tour and ice bar experience. I'm not sure if I misread the description of the tour but we thought it was a walking tour not a bus tour so that was a little disappointing but we did get to see a great deal of the city that we wouldn't have otherwise. The ice bar is a very neat experience but you are able to do it by yourself. I would suggest not taking the bus back to the dock if you have some time and walking yourself, it's a beautiful walk and not too far.
    View All 114 City Tour Reviews
  • Copenhagen
    Beautiful city, we had 3 days to explore and it was a good amount of time to see everything. We probably could have used another day. We would definitely suggest a canal cruise and visiting the Carlsberg Brewery.
    View All 1,108 Copenhagen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Copenhagen Cruise Port Review
  • Hiking Westeras
    Beautiful waterfall hike with delicious waffles and jam at the farm at the end. It isn't an extremely difficult hike but I don't think it was as easy as was described. It is an hour up to the waterfall and an hour back down. The path to get behind the falls is very steep and only 1 person can fit at a time.
    View All 11 Hiking Westeras Reviews
  • Pulpit Rock
    One of the most difficult but rewarding experiences! Such a beautiful hike and the views from the top are breath taking! Royal Caribbean wasn't exaggerating about it being a strenuous hike so if you're not prepared to hike up/down a mountain for 4+ hours I wouldn't suggest this. Hiking boots and poles were very helpful!
    View All 62 Pulpit Rock Reviews