3. Royal Princess
We chose this cruise because it was going to the British Isles. No problem embarking since we boarded in FR, Le Havre, but apparently there were problems embarking the next day in Southampton.. Our room was quite small which was a disappointment, although it had a balcony. Really could care less about balcony since it was a bit too cool to use it, and made room smaller. Hard to relax in cabin if people next to you or above were on their balcony, not quiet. I will never have a balcony again. Our room was across from a work area so it was very, very noisy the day and night guests embarked from Southampton and the day and night before we disembarked in Le Havre. The door to this area should have been closed but wasn't. This is where luggage came in and went out. Very, very noisy. You could hear the luggage being thrown around and loud yelling between crew. We were on baja deck around cabin 625 - to 701 or so. The day passengers embarked on the ship in Southampton some genius decided that music needed to be played all over the ship including the cabin hallways. I could hear the unwanted so called "music" in my cabin. It was annoying, and obviously too loud and totally unnecessary. I thought a cruise was supposed to be relaxing and peaceful, it really wasn't on this ship. The ship is noisy. The bars played music WAY too loud, you couldn't have a conversation. I heard Carnival took over Princess so maybe that's why. There was virtually no quiet area to go to without the horrible canned music played throughout the ship. The library was teeny tiny, so you couldn't go there for peace and quiet. The lovely dining room instead of pleasant, quiet, background music, it was country western one night. Luckily when the dining room filled up you couldn't hear it. I'm sorry but Country Western, or Rock garbage does not go with a lovely dining room, it belongs in bars and nightclubs. There is no promenade deck on this ship so you cannot walk around the entire ship. That's really a loss. There were a couple of days that would have been nice to sit out on a promenade deck and read a book or walk for fresh air. Not on this ship. The ship had a beautiful Atrium, but at times if an event was going on in there it could get ridiculously LOUD. The ship has a great sports club, but again the crap music playing made you want to hurry up and get out of there. The Sanctuary is lovely but extremely costly plus the loud music and base coming from the outdoor screen could be heard in the Sanctuary, so it really isn'tt very relaxing. I love music when I want to listen to it, not shoved down my throat by some twenty something. Princess needs to appeal to all ages not just 30 year olds. Big Mistake. We weren't the only ones who were annoyed with the noise on this ship. Dining was good, but very confusing and crazy at Horizon court and Bistro - Lido deck. Service and staff great. Entertainment OK, but nothing too interesting to do on days at sea. Ports were good but they could forget about Guernsey. It was a nightmare the day we were there because there weren't enough tenders running back and forth. Shore excursions were good although at Lock Ness we thought we'd see the castle but were told not to get off the boat. We were supposed to have time shopping but have about 20 min, plus the bus for Lock Ness couldn't leave on time due to the battery needing a jump. Edinburgh was good but again no time for shopping. Very annoying, same thing in Glasgow. The Royal Princess is a bit difficult to get around since you can't go direct from an upper deck to deck 5 without figuring out where the elevators needed to go there are, or stairs for that matter. I think this is because of the atrium. I rated publi rooms as poor since there was basically no where quiet on the ship.

Beautiful Ship but......

eusrmb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC baha deck
Clean, nice, but small. Barely enough room to get around the end of the bed to the other side.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins