• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

"Fireworks show"
Flowrider
North Star
Viev of the ship from North Star

I wanted to try cruising in Asia for a change and choose this cruise with Ovation of the Seas. I was on Quantum's maiden voyage in 2014, but hadn't been on the Quantum class since. It was nice to be back onboard.

Ship in general:

Ovation has a nice and familiar atmosphere onboard, although I do prefer the layout on the Oasis class ships comparing to this one. There are many fun activities onboard, although in Asia they put a charge on some of them (like the Ripcord and the North Star). However, I had to try the North Star since it was mostly closed when I went on Quantum and I really wanted to try it this time. I really recommend a trip in it, it's a really unique experience. Very special to see the ship from above while on the sea...

Junior Suite

Cabin J3

We had a Spa Junior Suite this time which was big and nice. The bathroom was great with both tub and a big shower with seat an light through a dimmed window to the livingroom. he balcony was a bit small, but we didn't use it much anyway because of the heat and humidity outside.

The TV system is generally good, and I do appreciate to be able to see my cruise account on the tv.

Royal caribbean recently started charging for room service except breakfast, I do not like this.

Port Reviews

Nha Trang

The ship is on tender. The beach is 7 km long and we were fine just going to the start of the beach to swim a bit in the sea. If you want to go to town you have three choices: the cruise company's bus, local taxis or walking. Tourists are not allowed on the local buses.

The city looks nice and there are probably a lot to do.

3 Helpful Votes