3. Sapphire Princess
This cruise went to all of the locations that were must see for us. This is my second Princess cruise and I found everything was good, except the food. On this cruise there were many options for sea food, which I am not a fan of. I had steak twice and prime rib once. Twice I sent it back because it was not cooked properly and the other time, I just could not eat it and went up to the buffet. On our first Princess cruise there was always an option for tritip steak if one didn't like the daily options, this time, the only thing on the menu that might have interested me was a dried chicken breast or the beef option of a hamburger. Not my idea of a great fine dining for two weeks. Staff were wonderful, the ship and amenities were good. Our balcony cabin was very comfortable. The upgrade in bed and pillows was a great addition for Princess. The nightly shows involving outside entertainment was, for the most part, very good. The regular dancers were very talented, the regular singers were OK, at best, which is the same experience as my first Princess cruise, but not that big of a deal. The ship band were very good musicians and played well except that the drummer tended to drown out many of the other instruments which was annoying after a while. I could only handle the in house singers twice and didn't go any other times. We took excursions in St. Petersburg and Helsinki with SPB Tours. They were phenomenal and their price was about half of Princess. We took Free walking tours in Copenhagen and Tallinn, and Princess excursions in Brugges, Gdansk and Stockholm, mainly because the ship docked many miles from the drop off locations, we didn't want to take the chance of missing our return. Most European cities have free walking tours that can be found on line. We used Sandeman Free Walking Tours. The guides only get paid via tips so there is incentive for them to give a great tour.

Great way to see the Baltics

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by GregJ