Emerald Princess Cruise Review
1,737 Reviews

Alaska is great...Princess is not

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Bubbie5

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We have been on several cruises with different companies and this has been our worst experience by far on the ship. Here's why...

Onboard they don’t use an app like most other cruise lines. Instead they use a website. This may not seem like a big thing but the first problem is if you’re with a group and want to use the messaging, there is no way to get it to notify you when there is a new text so you just have to check it frequently. The other thing we found is that the info they give on it isn’t very detailed.

Food had been adequate at best. Luckily I tend to order 2 things at a time off the menu. 1 may be decent. For example, I had a soufflé that was hard and cod that was so bland it tasted like water. I hate wasting food but This was wasted long before it reached me.

Along with the poor food, for the first time on a cruise, we weren’t impressed with the wait staff. They seemed like we were inconveniencing them. And we had an experience where we asked if any nuts were in these cookies. We were told there were none yet my son’s allergic reaction said otherwise. Yep, almond paste!

In general there doesn’t seem to be anything here to make this ship special. We’ve been on some where they’ll fold the towels, have a drink of the day, have a solid place for good pizza or burgers or have something like a water slide or a special pool. I found nothing here to write home about. Sorry to us that overused phrase but what will I tell people about the Emerald Princess? Nothing good comes to mind.

But wait, there’s more! We were hoping to watch the World Cup. Just the biggest sporting event in the world but the bar couldn’t change their own TV! It took them several calls and at least 15 minutes to get this done.

I just can't, in good conscience, recommend Princess.

Bubbie5's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin B1 B503

It was pretty nice. Definitely liked the balcony. TV was basic, not many choices. Beds were ok.

Bubbie5