3. Star Clipper
We never sailed on a star clipper. We wanted to end our Asia trip with the relaxing cruise. We boarded in Phuket Easley with no problem. We were shown to our cabin in the rear of the ship. We chose one of the cheapest rooms. This room however was very tiny and had one tiny closet for two . We decided not to unpack most of our stuff. Bathing suits a couple of coverups undergarments and some dress clothes. We asked to see the hotel manager because we thought the room was a joke he told us we could upgrade for around $200. we decided we to rough it! After a lengthy drill with the German cruise director, we went to dinner. The food was good. They’re only serving 125 people. There were many Germans and many English people on board. Maybe only six other Americans. Drinks at the bar were reasonable. Salo The food was good. They’re only serving 125 people. There were many Germans and many English people on board. Maybe only six other Americans. Drinks at the bar were reasonable. Sail always Beautiful. Sails were always used. Most of the stops were beaches. We did a lot of snorkeling. Nice barbecue on one of the beaches. Small ship was intimate. Enjoyed a small excursion that was free on the zodiac. I didn’t like the fact that the Germans and English grouped together Amongst themselves. The hotel manager on the first night asked that I not speak to him during dinner. Even went as far as saying I know what you are going to ask me next am I married how many kids do I have? Come on your in the service industry get a better attitude. Ports nice food good people clicky atmosphere of a tall sail ship. I have sailed WinStar and Club Med 2 both of which are more more luxurious but don’t that I’m on an adventure feel!

The good the bad and the ugly

Star Clipper Cruise Review by joiedevivre

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Asia

Come on your in the service industry get a better attitude.

joiedevivre’s Full Rating Summary