We chose this cruise because of the itinerary. I will have to say that all of our time off the ship was very enjoyable. We loved every port and the excursions were nice. We rented a car on PEI and I would definitely recommend that. It is short cab ride to the airport from the dock and this was much less expensive than the excursions and allowed us to see a lot of the coast. The shipboard part of the trip was just not enjoyable. The AC in our room was not operating the entire trip. This was particularly disappointing since we chose this cruise to get away from the summer heat. I have always thought that CC reviews are a little too critical of food service. I found my new low on the Maasdam. The exception was the pinnacle but the MDR food was not very good about half the time and most of the time a good deal of the menu was the same food on the list. I would not sail on this ship again and am pretty well done with.all Carnival owned lines.

The AC didn't work!