Friends have travelled on Cunard ships and recommended them, also sailing from Southampton fitted in with our life.
Have cruised before on two P&O ships so know the routine. Firstly check in was so easy, eating lunch just after 1pm, everything was so smooth. Cabin was on deck 4 aft, lovely and spacious and quiet (even though many people told us midships is the best) have found no difference in location!
Queen Elizabeth is very Art Deco and certainly a step up in fixtures, fittings & cleanliness from P&O (but again P&O served us well on a half world cruise and I not knocking them) but obviously you pay more on Cunard and probably expect more. Certainly the food served in the dining room or found in the buffet was outstanding & they totally catered for my wife being gluten/dairy free, not a single meal was disappointing.
So whilst I give 5 stars and generally loved the whole cruise, let me just briefly give what I personally didn’t rate or found irritating:
1. The shows were nowhere near as good as on P&O
2. Having to wear a jacket to dinner is unnecessary and too hot/uncomfortable
3. The chairs in the Britannia restaurant make your legs sweat profusely
4. Drinks far too expensive
5. Entertainment team dreadful (maybe the elderly clientele don’t need such), again P&O win hands down
6. Lack of British plugs in cabin (all American except one)
7. Everything in dollars so you pay more in the end when exchange rate is added
So would I sail Cunard again, but other cruises and other ships, there is choices out there, you pay your money you take your choice!
Spacious, plenty of wardrobe area, comfortable bed, all perfect
Easy embarkation & disembarkation
Used hop on/off bus & walked a lot
Held up by transport strike but not Cunard’s fault, perhaps could have had a little longer to explore the ruinsView All 390 Acropolis Reviews
Been Crete many times, held little interest
Lovely peaceful beach nearby and all day stop thoroughly relaxing
Walked around old town
Great 2 hour informative walk up RockView All 103 Rock of Gibraltar Reviews