3. Carnival Valor
We selected cruise for the kids. we have two teenagers and this was their first cruise. We gave them a curfew to be back in the cabin for dinner and 12 midnight every night. Overall they both had fun. My husband and I relaxed for the most part. No problems getting deck chairs or sitting in the adult only areas. There were two back to back issues with the pool on deck 9 however. The first was a child that pooped in the pool. Carnival cleared the pool to clean it quickly. I don't know why this child didn't have on a swim diaper. the second was a child threw up in the same pool! Needless to say, I did not get in the pool the entire trip! Our room was clean and the cabin steward was very nice and very friendly. If we sail again on the Valor I will NOT get off the ship at Progresso. First of all the gauntlet of merchants you have to walk through to get to the beach is crazy. The endless pulling at you to buy a trinket, massage, drink, cigar, pet an Iguania , t-shirt etc is crazy! ENOUGH. Once on the beach it does not stop. you can not enjoy the day because here comes the merchants wanting to braid hair, sell coconut milk, henna tattoos etc. I returned to the ship within 20 minutes. I stopped at the duty free shop to buy some Mexican Vanilla and I was followed through the store! Everytime I looked up, there stood a worker! I noticed they followed me and everyone that LOOKED like me too! I was insulted and angry. I logged a complaint with Carnival about this practice.

Carnival Valor - OK Experience

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by jwross401

jwross401’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8249
neact and clean. No complaints. loved having a balcony too.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins