3. Nordkapp
I thought I would see fjords and magnificent landscapes on board a ship with interesting things to do. What I got was endless rocks and low cliffs and certainly no fjords or anything interesting on the ship except really expensive a la carte items and beverages and outlandishly expensive excursions, none of which I took. With only rare exceptions all the other passengers were old people traveling as couples or in big French groups. It wasn't too long before I realized I didn't belong. My table mates at dinner even told me I didn't belong there ( I boarded at a port later in the cruise than they). The food was good and most of the staff was friendly. But you know how it is on cruises...one always has the feeling that nothing is genuine. I honestly couldn't tell. The interesting ports were timed particularly badly such that on arrival most tourist sites( churches, museums) were closed...and in smaller ports, you literally get no more than 30-45 minutes. A terrific waste of money!

Not for singles or people under 70