3. Carnival Freedom
Embarkation - Went very smooth. We parked at Lighthouse parking and took the shuttle to the terminal. Easy access (we had Faster To The Fun), so we walked in and went right on the ship. Less than 15 minutes from drop off to ship. Ship - it is your standard Carnival ship. Too gaudy for us, but we don't go for decorations. Since it was our kids first cruise (five kids from 10-18), we had to orient them to the ship. They decided to stick together for most of the cruise, so none of the younger ones did any kids club activities. We didn't spend much time on the Lido deck and I found we really didn't miss anything. For those who complain about the "Wal-Mart" atmosphere of Carnival, you don't feel it much at all if you stay off of Lido and out of the casino. Dining - did most of our meals in the MDR, which had great service and good food. My teenage son was in heaven. The service from Angela's team was superior and they made sure to make the kids feel welcomed. Chatting up staff is some of the best times on the boat. Bars - I visited several bars, but really liked the bar in the atrium best. I could listen to live music, every evening, and have a drink. Entertainment - the main theater shows were ok. But, the music around the ship otherwise was amazing. We have never had such good music on any other cruise. It was exceptional. The Sonic Monkeys played most days/nights and my family loved them. I would even pay good money on land to go see them and drink some bourbon. The comedians were pretty good too, though we only went to 2 shows. My 18 year-old won $900 one day in Bingo (I hate it so didn't go)...which she was pumped up about. Cabin - we had two cabins - one an Ocean Suite and one a balcony. The stewards (Astica and John) were top-notch. The Suite was very roomy and having a bigger bathroom & more storage is the biggest plus to having the suite. Kids enjoyed the balcony room too. Service - we have no complaints and mostly great things to say. We wouldn't have gotten such a level of service on land in the USA, for the money we spent. So, good job! Jamaica - we kept it simple. Sail and snorkel, with a visit to Margaritaville. It was fun, but way too quick of a stop at Margaritaville. They need to add at least another 30 minutes there. Grand Cayman - Dolphins and Sting Ray city. The dolphin swim was amazing. Much better than the one my wife and I did in Cozumel, previously. Spent a great deal of time interacting with dolphins and had a fun time with the folks, who you could tell, adore the animals. The stingrays are always neat to do. The weather just wasn't great. Cozumel - Went to Nachi Cocom. I love this place. My only complaint is that it rained...but you can't control that, just your attitude about it all. Overall we had a great time.

Great Family Cruise

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by aggiemrl

Overall we had a great time.
aggiemrl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7267
A nice room. A little dated, but clean. The steward, Astica, was excellent. He was personable, nice, greeted us by name every day, etc.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins