3. Grandeur of the Seas
This cruise was given to me as a promotion from a casino in Atlantic City so I can't comment on the cost (I only had to paid fees and tips). However, I can comment on everything else. Starting at the very beginning... Pulling up to the Port of Baltimore, you do a drive-by luggage drop-off. It's so convenient. They take everything from your car that you want to appear infront of your cabin door later in the afternoon. (If you are going to go to the pool when you get on the ship, I recommend keeping your bathing suit with you in a carry-on or wearing it onto the ship.) Embarkation was a breeze. You go through security and then they have tons of agents waiting for your documents and taking your picture for your SetSail card. After you get your card you go around a corner where they take your picture (you can bypass this if you aren't planning on buying any pictures). Then they make sure you have dining reservations for The Great Gatsby (the main dining room). You finally board your home for the next 5 nights. The Grandeur isn't the biggest, newest, most modern ship out there, but the guest service and friendliness of everyone onboard compensates for that. My cabin (interior stateroom 4027) was a nice size for just myself. I would feel comfortable with another person, but more than 2 people gets a little cramped. My bff and her husband and kids (13 year old boy and 10 year old girl) were in the same size cabin as me (4017-right around the corner from mine) and they had 2 upper berths that came down from the ceiling. The kids loved the bunks. Unless everyone was sitting still in one spot while one person was moving around, it seemed kind of cramped. We loved being on Deck 4 Forward because that's the deck where the Centrum (main area of the ship where lots of activities and music happen all the time) was. Everything was conveniently located. The ship isn't super gigantic, so walking from one end to the other wasn't far at all. Entertainment was terrific. We had 2 amazing comedians that did a PG rated show early and an Adult Only show later at night. Make sure to make it to the Adult Only show if you can. Soooooo hilarious! The Grandeur Entertainment staff and Big Bob, our Cruise Director, was super and they kept everyone busy. They also performed awesome shows in the Palladium Theater most nights. During the sea dàys we hung out by the pool and played games. There is a main pool and a pool inside a solarium (at the back of the solarium is the Park Cafe which serves beverages, food and snacks-especially late night). We preferred the main pool. It wasn't overly crowded and we could always find chairs. They have activites all day long. You can highlight things on your Cruise Compass (your itinerary of all the things going on aboard the ship) so you don't miss anything. Your stateroom attendant will deliver it to your room the night before for the following day. My stateroom attendant was Ricardo Estargo. He was so amazing. He made sure everything was spotless. He even brought me an ice bucket every day for my drink bottle I carried around with me. He literally catered to my every need as far as comfort in my stateroom was concerned. For breakfast every day we went to the Windjammer Cafe. It's the buffet. The food was really good and there was a lot of variety. We didn't have dinner there but they change their dinner daily for a specialty theme. They also have 24hr self-serve soft-serve icecream and cones. For dinner we went to The Great Gatsby main dining room. We had table 527 right by the window. Our waiter was Yogesh (Yogi for short) and our assistant waiter was Elena. These 2 were an incredible duo. After the first night, they knew what we wanted to drink as soon as we sat down. They even knew the kind of bread we liked and who drank with a straw and who didn't. Their attention to details and satisfaction was fabulous. Every night Yogi would give us his appetizer, entree, and dessert recommendations. I have diverticulitis and am extremely cautious of what I eat, Yogi made sure everything was safe for me to eat. He consulted the chef and told me what was okay for me and what wasn't. Their service was superior. The kids even loved the food. We arrived in Bermuda around 1 o'clock on Monday. We got off the ship and went to the end of the pier. There, many shuttle services are waiting for you. These mini-bus shuttles are the best and cheapest way to go. Ask for a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay and it will cost you $7 per person EACH way. So a total of $14 round trip. (Royal charges $33). I was so excited about how much money I was saving that I gave the drivers bigger tips. A man nicknamed "9 Eggs" was our driver on the way to the beach. I sat upfront and he gave me an awesome history tour of some cool areas we passed as well as explained all the beautiful flowers we drove past along the side of the road. On the way back there are shuttles waiting for you at the end of the beach. Dr. Larry was our driver on the way back. He explained what it was like to live on the island and work for the government. Cool information. These shuttles take you to the BOTTOM of the beach and you DO NOT have to walk the steep boardwalk pathway from the road down to the beach. We stayed at the beach for a few hours and then went back for showers and dinner. It was windy at the beach but it was gorgeous. Pink and tan sand. They have convenient outside showers, changing rooms, and restrooms. They might also have inside showers but I didn't notice. Bring your sunscreen! The next day we ate breakfast and got off the ship at about 10am. We didn't realize that the Ferry to Hamilton only runs periodically. (Buy your tokens in the little glass house where the ferry leaves for $4.50 each way.) It leaves like about every hour and a half. The next ferry we could catch was at 11:15. The only problem with that was that it docks in Hamilton at about 11:50 and then leaves to return to the Dockyard at 12noon. That gave me 10 minutes to literally take my shoes off and run to the Lili Bermuda perfume shop to get a refill of "Sunkiss" for my atomizer I bought on my last visit. Sure I could have ordered it online, but that's just not the same. So I left my bff and her son at the dock in line for the return ferry at 12noon and I took off running down Front Street. When I came back they were just loading the ferry. About 15 people ahead of us, they cut off the line saying the ferry was full and we would have to wait for the 1:30 ferry. The Grandeur leaves Bermuda at 2pm. There was no way this 1:30 ferry would make it back. So we opted for Bermuda public transportation bus #8. We took a 5 minute walk up a hill to City Hall. Next to City Hall is the bus depot. We were lucky to catch the bus before it left because they seem to run every 30 minutes and the ride back to the Dockyard was about 1 hour. We got back to the Dockyard about 1:05 and boarded the ship at about 1:30. Just a half hour to spare. The ride on the #8 bus uses the same token as the ferry. It was cool to see so many parts of the island by bus and to experience the locals riding the bus. Everyone was super helpful and friendly. BE MINDFUL OF YOUR TIME AND THE FERRY SCHEDULES! My bff's husband and daughter took a Royal Caribbean shore excursion that day. They went on a catamaran and went snorkeling. They had an amazing time. Well worth the $94 or $95 for adults and $64 for children. They raved about their excursion and said the tour guides were knowledgeable and friendly. The Grandeur leaves almost exactly at 2pm so make sure you are not a "Dock Runner" and leave yourself time so they aren't waiting on you, because they will leave you in Bermuda if they need to. The children in our travel party loved the Teen Club and the Adventure Ocean Club. The teen club offered lots of cool age appropriate activities and the 13 year old spent a lot of time with the kids in the club and around the ship. The 10 year old couldn't wait to leave us and go back to the club (check the schedule because it's only open certain hours). She loved it. They kept her busy and we felt it was very secure. They have the option of her being signed out or signing herself out. We chose to sign her in and out each and every time. It made us all feel safer. They also offer after hours club for $6 or $7 an hour (we didn't use it so I can't remember how much). So, this is a good option and a cheap option if you want to go to the Adult Comedy show or the Viking Lounge to dance the night away. You do not want to miss "The Quest". Look for it on your Cruise Compass. It will probably be on your 4th night in the South Pacific Lounge on Deck 6 Aft. Funny, funny, funny, but not for people who can't laugh and let go. We had our 13 year old watch the 10 year old back in the cabin so we could go to The Quest and the Adult Comedy shows. That was perfectly safe to leave them in the cabin alone. I hope I gave you some good, useful information. I am sure I am forgetting things. But you can explore the ship and the ports and you will figure things out easily. The crew members are always there to help. Overall, we had a Bermudaful time in Bermuda!

CRUISIN' WITH MY BFF AND HER FAMILY