• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

June 4 – 18, 2018

~~~Embarkation Day~~~

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Cabin DA

As the 6th room aft of the exit door on Main Deck 2, the location of my room on starboard side was ideal, giving me a view of all of the going and coming from the ship in port.

As a single passenger I had originally chosen a partially obstructed view stateroom 3304 (H) for DOUBLE the rate of $1599, or $3198, but when I received a mailer from HAL advertising a drop in rate to $1499, and not yet having made final payment, i called my travel agent who called HAL and got my rate reduced to $2718. (Incidentally this is 170% of $1599)

Then with only a couple of weeks before sailing, I received an upgrade offer from HAL for an ocean view stateroom, category DH, for $129 pp, or $258 for me. So I selected stateroom 2565 on Main Deck 2, and was quite happy with my choice.

Port Reviews

Homer

My only activity at this port was to go to the Salty Dawg Saloon for a few beers. This is an institution for Homer, not to be missed because of its historic importance.

Kodiak

Ours was called The Taste of Kodiak, and consisted of a walking tour to 6 different establishments to sample their wares. My only complaint was the 2-mile walk into town to begin the tour - and 2-miles back to the ship!

Find a Zaandam Cruise from $599