3. Queen Victoria
My partner had done the QM2 Transatlantic but I had never cruised before so it was all new to me and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. We had a wonderful time on the Queen Victoria over Christmas last year, i'd thoroughly recommend it for anyone looking to get away over the festive period. We chose a deluxe inside on deck 1 and were very pleased with our cabin. There was plenty of hanging space, the bed was very comfy and our room attendant (I can't remember his name) was very good, our room seemed to always have been done whilst we were at breakfast. I thought not having a window would bother me, but as we spent very little time in our cabin I honestly didn't notice it. The food in Britannia was delicious; we ate in there every evening and a couple of lunch times (we found the lunches better than the dinners on some days). We also enjoyed breakfast in there each morning as buffets aren't really our thing. My partner and I are both in our 20's and were at the younger end of the scale on the ship, but this didn't bother us. There was plenty to keep us occupied and we made some great friends whilst on board. The ship was done up beautifully for Christmas, and we all received a lovely Cunard Wedgewood plate on Christmas morning, which was a nice gesture. The officers did a Carol Concert one evening which was enjoyable and there were other festive things one could get involved. My only slight negative from the whole cruise was the prices in the bar (as pointed out by many other people), meaning we didn't drink as much as we usually do when we holiday in other places. If they lowered the prices just slightly, I think the bars would be much busier in the evenings. We purchased a FCD whilst on board and have already booked again for October. This time we're going to try an Ocean View and see which we prefer moving forward.

Fantastic Christmas Cruise

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by YorkshireCruiser90

YorkshireCruiser90’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Victoria price drops

Deluxe Inside
Cabin GC 1011
Much larger than a standard inside. Plenty of room for hanging clothes. Lovely toiletries. Shame that you can't check your account on the televisions.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins