3. Viking Gefjon
We decided to take this cruise because our experience on our trip through Russia was so positive. On that cruise we were a group of 6 and here just my husband and I . It was a very different experience. The most remarkable was meeting another couple who got married the same date we did, December 14, 1968. Never before had we found that. The ship is rather comfortable but when the upper deck is closed for 5 days, it curtails the possibility of pleasant outdoors accommodations. Smokers in Europe are a problem. On board, they were very unpleasant to have around. If you went outside to enjoy the view and the weather, there always was someone ruining the air by the smell of their smoke. The shore excursions were mostly a pleasure. Most guides were excellent but not all. If we could comment about them at the end of the day, our recollection could be much more accurate. The upholstery in the gathering lounge is not real leather and I found myself stuck to the furniture anytime it was hot. All in all, we signed up for another cruise in the future so we were not unhappy:)

Great for us, not for honeymooners

Viking Gefjon Cruise Review by ybeatriz

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

ybeatriz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B
I don't remember the number but found the accommodations rather tight. The bathroom has been improved but it is not easy to move around a room when, if someone is standing, you can't get through.
The TV and Internet services were terrible! There was a connection almost never!
The staff was wonderful and willing to help as best they could for any request.
The entertainment director, Tessa, was fantastic! She is certainly a keeper.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins