3. American Star
About two years ago we did the Lobster Cruise out of Portland, Maine. That was so good we booked this one out of Providence, RI. We were not disappointed. I like the American Cruise Line because of its informality. You do not need dress up clothes like you do on the big ships. You may want to take a few extra tops to wear in the evening to gussy up a bit but just a little bit. It is very informal. The Happy Hour is unbelievable. The have all the liquors and will make any drink for you that you want. The food is upscale. The serve things like bacon wrapped scallops, cooked brea cheese, dips with crackers and veggies, and many other tidbits. They are all wonderful. Meals are served in the dining room with open seating. People sit with different people at these meals. By the end a lot of friendships have been formed and you will see the same people sitting together meal after meal. Dinner consists of an appetizer, a main dish, and dessert. If you do not like any of the offerings just ask for something else and they will do their best to please you. The best thing is the "half serving." You can pick a smaller portion of the food that is offered. This was my fifth cruise and I have another one booked for next year. I plan on using American Cruise LIne many more times. It is a super experience.

Lobster Lobster Lobster

American Star Cruise Review by Happy Cruiser

Happy Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin AAL
Cabin AAL 218
It was fine. Two twin beds, a small balcony, a small closet, and a TV. All you need is there.
  American Star Deck Plans