Everything about this cruise was first class from the embarkation to the disembarkation. The Cabins are spacious for river ships and the staff is well trained and friendly. The daily cocktail hour (with premium liquors) is a good time to meet the other passengers and relax after an interesting day. The included excursions are informative and fun. The entertainment is varied and good. I was especially impressed with number of areas on the ship for relaxation, entertainment, early coffee, playing games or just conversing -- both inside and out. I would recommend this trip to anyone interested in the history of the south -- especially the Civil War period. The only thing to take into consideration is the age of the passengers. I am 75 and think I was average or below the age of most of the guests. That may be a factor for some, but people who still want to travel at that age are interesting and vibrant even if they do not move as well as they once did.

Great River Cruise

America Cruise Review by BuffaloTrvlr

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: USA

BuffaloTrvlr’s Full Rating Summary
Get America price drops

We loved our cabin because of it's proximity to everything. Some may not like the idea of being next to the main lounge, but we found the noise level to be completely acceptable.