3. Jewel of the Seas
Its an average ship with great service. Every employee was very friendly and always had a greeting and a smile. Dinner in main dining room servers were excellent. It lacks food quality and variety. The food seemed repetivie especially after 9 nights. Entertainment and Show quality could be improved. I also think it could offer more activities to do on ship besides exercise and art shows. It did offer trivia but was always at times where it did not work with my schecule. Spa was very pricey compared to past cruises. There was not a movie channel in stateroom to watch at night. I have had this on other cruise lines so not sure if that is a Royal Caribbean choice or ship choice. The cinema on board should play different movies all through the day instead of just playing the same movie 4 times a day and then playing same movie on poolside theatre next day. Shore Excursions need some work. They were not as smooth as I have experienced in the past. I booked 4 shore excursiuons through Royal Caribbean and had issued with 2 of the 4. I did get some resolution through guest services. It would be nice to have more closer to port as well. It seemed most excurions were 45 minutes to 1 hour ride from ports. I think they were overpriced for what I got in return. I also felt like they were constantly trying to sell you something. Everytime I turned around they were selling a future crusie, specilaty dinning, pictures, art work, shore excursions, etc. I know all cruise lines sell these things but I felt like it was worse on this particular cruise. Not sure if that is a Royal Caribbean choice or ship choice. It was a good cruise just not the best. I would do this same cruise again but have more realalistic expectations. Royal Carribbean is more expensive then other cruise lines and they charge more for the daily tip than other cruise lines so I expected better than other cruise lines. I did not find that to be the case in this situation.

Great not Awesome

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruising High

Cruising High’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 1520
Good size balcony room, can't remember category but it was on 10th floor.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    We did the city tout that included Acropolis and it was great. It was a lot of walking which they warned us about before hand. It covered all the highlights and gave us enough time at Acropolis to explore on our own. The tour company even provided us with water and stopped at a very nice gift shop.
    View All 154 City Tour Reviews
  • Elia Beach
    Left late because we were waiting on 1 passenger who was late. We had less than 3 hours beach time which was too little time based on price. We had to pay 30 Euros to rent a beach chair once we arrived, unless we wanted to sit in the sand. We left late because the restaurant on site was looking for someone who skipped out on bill. This culprit was not on our bus by the way and this put us back at port later than expected and cut into our shopping time that we were assured at the beginning we would have plenty of time to shop before we had to be back on ship. We had 45 minutes to shop.
    View All 14 Elia Beach Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    We did the Pompeii on your own tour, which at $40.00 I thought included entrance to city. On our arrival, our tour guide got tickets for us and then at the end of tour asked us to sign a Royal Carribbean form charging us 22.00 Euros for tour tickets that would be charged to room. The price printed on ticket was only 15.00 Euros? I did get the extra 7.00 Euros credited to my account when I went to guest services but I thought it was a pain to deal with. I think $40.00 for just a round trip taxi is was too expensive and then if tickets are not inclded then we should have been giving a choice of tour type we wanted. We did not get a headset like other tour groups nor were we offered one. Overall this tour was not clearly explained and it was not worth the money. Book the full tour and hopefully experience will be better.
    View All 451 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Oia Village
    We did the Oia Village with stop at winery and then finishing at cable car town. It was awesome and had we had a great time on this tour. I highly reccommend it.
    View All 210 Oia Village Reviews