Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by lisafletcher

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I had some trouble getting adjustments made to my final bill in the area of gratuities. Apparently communication was an issue. Ultimately, it was straightened out before I left the ship.

The majority of the ships staff were wonderful and well mannered. However, there was one young man who was working in the Photo Center who made an inappropriate advance towards me. I did not look at him long enough to get his name. He was not working the register. I was looking for pictures of my brother and myself. Needless to say, I did not return to the Photo Center. He was the only one who was inappropriate. I should say that I am old enough to be his grandmother.

With this being my first cruise, it was stress for the continuous reiteration of return times from excursions when we were at the mercy of the cruise supported excursion to get us back to the ship on time (in most cases). There were two excursions that we had paid for in advance who did not get us back until right at time of even a couple minutes late. This stress took away from my ability to enjoy the excursion. The Light House tour in Portland was one of these.

On a positive note, I would like to compliment our dinning room waiter staff, Lulama, Ms. Campbell, and especially JingFang Lee - she was the kindest most delightful individual on our cruise. They were all very attentive with the right mix of being personable and professional. With the exception of the last comedian and the thrown together show with the orchestra in the Paladium Theater, the entertain was excellent!

All the added expenses were a bit much. I did without a lot to keep things affordable. The Windjammer was best. The Hop On Hop Off in Saint Johns and Halifax were best.

lisafletcher's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 2V 8553

It was an interior room with two single beds. My brother booked the room so I am guessing regarding (2V). The upkeep and care of the cabin and our assigned housekeeper was fine. The origami animals were a nice touch.

lisafletcher