3. Oasis of the Seas
First time on Royal Caribbean and completely satisfied! The ship being the largest, had everything you would want or need, from Starbucks to Karaoke to fabulous free pizza! I have cruised out of Tampa, Miami and now Port Canaveral, and prefer Port Canaveral. It was very efficient and they moved everyone along in a timely fashion. Our cabin was spacious enough, as long as the sofa bed wasn't open, otherwise, it's a pretty tight squeeze, as are other typical rooms. I traveled with my husband and teenage son, and we managed quite well. The food was great and the staff was consistently friendly and accommodating. There is lots to entertain you, no matter what age. Pools, activities, movies, rock wall climbing, zip line, ice skating (although not open all the time), karaoke, or just plain people-watching. The mall area is a great place to sit and enjoy delicious pizza, and although there are a few stores to shop in, they are primarily for the "rich and famous". The average Joe is not going to shop in Michael Kors, Rigalia, Kate Spade and numerous other high-end jewelry stores, but that's okay, I didn't go on a cruise to shop. I would imagine the duty-free part is the reason anyone would shop on a cruise ship. The one thing I would not do again is go on a tour excursion in St. Thomas. We had a rude taxi driver that sped through town, did not explain anything and left us waiting at the Botanical Gardens for over an hour. Thankfully, RC reimbursed us 20%, which showed how much they cared. Our tour in St. Maarten was fabulous, on an air-conditioned bus, with a great guide, who was delightful. She told jokes, sang to us and informed us about the island and it's cultures. Overall, our experience was memorable and encouraging. I will definitely take this cruise again.

Great experience!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Nanciann

Nanciann’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V 3819
We enjoyed how spacious the cabin was without the sofa bed being set up. Once evening fell and they opened the sofa, it got tight. I appreciated the set up however, and really liked the huge closet. We had 5 suitcases of clothing, shoes and accessories and they fit quite well in the closet as well as other drawers and cubby holes. The bathroom wasn't bad, although the shower was quite small, the water pressure made up for any inconveniences. There is a toggle switch on the shower head that turned it into a massager, it was glorious! The best part of this cabin was it's location. It was near the elevators without being too close. It was on a small hall off the main Aft/Forward hall, so much less traffic and noise. Level 3 is a lower deck, so anyone with motion sickness would feel very little movement. I would choose this cabin again.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    We thoroughly enjoyed this excursion! I wish we could remember the tour guide's name, I think it was Rhonda. She was delightful! She gave us a ton of information about the island, she sang, she told jokes, and she was very up-beat and friendly. The bus was air-conditioned and the seats comfortable. Our stops allowed for lots of pictures and plenty of shopping. I would highly recommend this tour.
    View All 360 Island Tour Reviews
  • Botanical Garden
    Although the manager was very informative and friendly, there was a whole lot of walking up and down gravel slopes, to see a whole lot of nothing. It was hot, and because the description did not mention the extensive walking and the inclines associated with the tour, a few of the guests could not participate. I would not recommend this tour.
    View All 13 Botanical Garden Reviews
  • Island Tour
    This was a terrible experience, booked it, thinking we were going to receive information about the island. Instead, we got a rude taxi driver that sped through town, allowing us as little as five minutes to take pictures, then dropped us off at the Botanical Gardens and did not return for over two hours! He offered no apologies and no explanation. The manager of the Botanical Gardens stated that "he went to pick up another tour group and return them to the ship, instead of coming back for us".
    View All 263 Island Tour Reviews