3. Viking Buri
The ship and crew were fabulous. We had a wondeful cruise but it was way too sedentary for us. We like to exercise which there wasn’t any and we love to see entertainment which there was very little, if any. The food was good but really nothing to write home about. If you love excursions though this is what it is all about. We had cooking classes, saw history that was made over 2000 years ago. They offered many free excursions but we upgraded and did a lot that cost an additional fee. They were the ones that we enjoyed the most. Seeing the countryside, wine tasting in the basement of a castle. Watching a dog find truffles, goat farmers make goat cheese, exploring the many foods that were made by top notch bakers, chocolatiers, cheese makers and sausage makers was what made the trip. We also enjoyed the many people that we met on the ship. They were wonderful and the many stories they had made it great. Not enough activity for me but I do think I will try one of their ocean cruises next.

Great for the shore excursions but too sedentary for us.

Viking Buri Cruise Review by Bkj091854

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite
Bkj091854’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Buri price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA
Great Thank goodness we had a large cabin which was spectacular. I have to have more going on than a river cruise. The shore excursions were fabulous but the lack of activity led me to eating, drinking, and sleeping too much. I will try an ocean cruise next time where at least they have a spa and exercise area.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins