3. Viking Emerald
Cruise was part of Viking China Roof of the World tour. Since we have never been to China, it seemed like a way to experience many of China's highlight and Tibet (Lhasa) too. The land portion was fantastic our guide, Johanna, saw to our every need and really took care of us. This continued on the boat. We had been on three previous Viking river cruises and even though Viking does not own this boat it was up to their high standards. The rooms were comfortable and the shore excursions were excellent. The food was very good. I am a vegetarian and the maitre d' and chef saw to my needs. The Viking Emerald is larger than the Viking long ships that sail the European rivers, but the service is the same. One of the highlights of the river cruise was a visit to a school that Viking supports. Another highlight was a concert of ancient bells in Wuhan. I highly recommend this cruise (and the land portion).

Seeing Chongquing and Wuhan lit up at night and sailing through the three gorges

Viking Emerald Cruise Review by sroc

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Asia
sroc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Emerald price drops

Cabin was large enough for two and comfortable. Could use more storage space.