3. Ruby Princess
This should have been a very special cruise where we celebrated my Mother's 60th birthday and I proposed to now fiancee in Alaska. And while I have many great memories from this trip I feel like Princess did their best to ruin it for me. Before getting into the bad let me start with the good. Our cabin was fine, there was always plenty of food, and the staff in the main dining room were extremely friendly. I would say the food in the buffet was average at best while the main dining room was better, We also at at Share by Curtis stone and I would say that was OK but not very memorable. No for the bad, every time I would ask for something or if there was a minor issue the crew would get very combative. This happened a couple of times with our steward and at one point he was even hostile for me asking for an extra towel. This also happened at the main dining room when I ordered an Old Fashioned which had soda water in it. It took much arguing explain that an old fashioned does not have soda water in it for me to get it fixed and the crew still brought out the drink with soda on the side as if I had ordered the drink incorrectly and would need the soda on the side. To make things worse, I only booked one shore excursion through princess as I expected that they would take care of me if any issues would arise. The excursion was a helicopter glacier trek out of Juneau where I was going to propose to my Fiancee. That morning we get off the ship only to find out the tour was cancelled once we got off the ship and are standing in a massive crowd in the rain. I understand the weather is out of their control and don't blame princess for the cancellation, but I was not offered any alternatives and forced to figure things out on my own. I had been planning the engagement for over six months and was now forced to improvise the whole thing with a now angry girlfriend. To add more insult, helicopter flights resumed shortly there after, but we were still not offered any alternatives. All I got from princess was "You'll get your money back". After this point, if you can believe it, things only got worse. The slot machine at the Casino did not properly check my mother out and someone else decided to drain her on board account. When my mom realized this we went to the Casino to try and get her stolen money back (over $400), the crew in the casino were very unwilling to help at first and after threatening to contact the authorities they indicated that they knew the person responsible and would attempt to contact them but would not refund the money to my mother until they discussed the issue with the other person and asked my mother to be present. Why would a casino want to incite such a confrontation on the ship and not just transfer the stolen funds from the other persons account? After indicating that we would not confront the person and that the casino was responsible the casino crew refused to provide any further help. We had to go to the purser's desk and have a lengthy conversation filled with excuses until we were finally to get the issue resolved. Finally, to add insult to injury, the next day while disembarking I was looking for my family in the disembarkation line. I found them and was just coordinating where to meet up before going to the end of the line a crew member very rudely tells us to get to the back of the line (at this point I had only stopped for about 10 seconds and was clearly not in line). When my Aunt proceeded to say that this is the worst customer service she has ever experienced on a ship the crew member responded "I don't work in customer service". Needles to say they were surprised and furious at his response. I we weren't in a hurry to leave the ship we would have contacted his manager then and there. Overall the biggest issue are the constant excuses which we found prevalent at every level. Whenever there was any issue instead of getting it resolved we would receive an excuse. Even when I brought the issues up to princess corporate instead of getting a resolution everything was responded to with an excuse. It was really disappointing as I had been looking forward to this cruise for a very long time and was trying to enjoy every moment of it, but it was difficult with all the issues from princess.

Alaska was Great! Princess was awful

luisma22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC C417
We had an interior cabin and the room was fine. Bed was very comfortable. We had issues with the shower draining on the first day, which was promptly resolved by the second night,
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins