3. Carnival Dream
We were really excited for this cruise. I usually go with Carnival, because the food is great, service is impeccable, and good bang for the buck. Good points first: Embarkation was wonderful! Quick, no long lines, and on the ship in a jiffy. Some of the staff were very friendly. A couple of the salads at the salad bar were really good. A trio of violinists called the Sunny Trio were the high point for us. Very talented and unexpected! Now for the bad: Food quality: Many of the desserts had a gelatinous texture. Chicken served to me at Guy's Pig and Anchor (I think that's the name) was 1/2 skin and fat, and I had to throw most of it away. Pulled pork had some dried out bites that no amount of the delicious bbq sauce would cover up. Dinners were hit and miss. Some were pretty good while others I would rather forget. Service: The worst! I'm a gold member so I've taken my share of Carnival cruises. Never have I had poor service until now. Some of the waiters were downright grumpy! Night 2: Elegant night - Late dining. Our table was given 1 small roll each and the basket was taken away. We waited 1 hour before receiving appetizers, and my son didn't get his! He waited another 15 minutes before bringing it to server's attention. That and the fact that he ordered 2 bottles of wine which had not been served. By this time, we were VERY HUNGRY! My son finally got his appetizer after we were completely finished with ours - sauce dried on the plate presumably from sitting somewhere for a very long time. Bottles of wine came after waiting 90 minutes or more from the time we ordered! This was NOT an isolated incident. We breakfasted with another couple the we just met in the dining room. The wife never received her omelet. When the husband brought it to the waiter's attention (after we were completely finished with our food) I could see the waiter around the corner picking up entree lids until he found the errant omelet and served it to her. It probably had been sitting there 30 minutes. Our last dinner aboard ship, we experienced the same thing. Sitting, sitting, waiting for food...any food. We were just getting our desserts after most of the dining room had left. There were several tables that had this incredible poor service. I had to step aside for wait staff several times a day. Normally they let you pass. The pools: Standing room only! It was ridiculous. I heard several people complaining that the spas were cold to lukewarm. I have to wonder if Carnival has severely cut staff to cut costs. Grumpy waiters, low quality food, & poor service = save $ for Carnival? Carnival, you just lost a long time customer.

Never with Carnival again

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by pprelle

Good points first:

Now for the bad:

Food quality:

Service:

The pools:

Carnival, you just lost a long time customer.
pprelle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 8461
Cabin was ok, but really noisy kids in the room next door. They continually came in at 2 - 3 am and woke us up. So loud!!! Then they went on their balcony to continue their party.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Snarky tour guide who had a disdain for Americans. He did, however, know where to spot the fish, shark, manatee, etc.
    View All 174 Snorkeling Reviews
  • ATV Adventure
    Great ATV ride through jungle, streams and mud! Loved every minute of it!!! Don't forget to buy the pictures. They are terrific quality and worth every penny.
    View All 108 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Scary snorkeling with reef on both sides. Others were getting cut because the water was rough and pushing you into the coral. I never saw one fish and was grateful to get back with no injuries.
    The private pool was very nice - lunch great.
    View All 297 Snorkeling Reviews