3. Costa Fortuna
I appreciate the reviews on Cruise Critic and let them guide my decisions for a new cruise booking. The Costa Fortuna cruise on January 10th was more than disappointing. It was extremely uncomfortable for passengers. I did not get Air in my cabin for 2-days (on level one) and it took 4 attempts to get it corrected and then very little air was forthcoming for the rest of the cruise. After many passengers complained with the same issue they disclosed that there were generator issues. If you are at the front of the ship on levels 1 and 2 you will hear the crew announcements on the hour starting at 4 am in the morning. Customer Service was non-existent at the front desk, tour desk and on-shore staff. The Virgin islands visited on this cruise were fine. The food was OK, but was not as good as the Costa Atlantica. I am a big believer that it is the Cruise line and the ship that makes the cruise a good experience and recommend Holland America, Princess and NCL over Costa for service and overall experience. I hope that this message will steer you away from Costa Fortuna to any other line/ship. To make the point, when I asked not to pay the daily service charge, they didn't even question me, just credited my account. So much for service.

No Air nor customer service on Costa Fortuna

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by cancruise2

cancruise2’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

The cabin had two portholes and single bed, non-working air, non-working toilet and phone. It will take at 2-3 attempts to get maintenance to come to your cabin. Note they charge for in-cabin movies ($8.95) and have poor to no reception to regular tv. Ship channels and CNN is all you will get in the cabin.
  Costa Fortuna Deck Plans