3. Carnival Breeze
We chose this cruise for my granddaughter's 18th birthday, high school graduation, and for me the end of a hectic school year. I knew the traffic from Houston to Galveston could be insanity, so we went in a day before. We used the Galveston Express service - if you use them be prepared for lots of stops (like a city bus). We stayed at the Scottish Inn in Galveston. I had read about the hotel and that you could walk over to the Ferry and ride for free. The hotel and staff were very nice, room clean, pool comfortable, and the walk to the ferry was 5 min. We rode the ferry just a little before sunset and saw dolphins and the sun set on the ocean. A perfect start to the trip. There was no food close so we had to order from a local pizza place, it took an hour for the food but it was fine. The hotel provides shuttle service to your ship for free, 10 min ride. 5 stars for the Scottish Inn. Once at the ship our board time was 11:30 am, we easily found our area to wait and were boarded by 11:00 the process took maybe 10 min start to finish. Our room would not be ready until 1:30 so we quickly found food. I MUST NOTE not only was the staff friendly, but so were the other cruisers. I have NEVER been anywhere for a week where everyone was kind to strangers and each other. It was truly a pleasant experience. Our Cabin 11220 (Spa Cabins) was bigger than I expected and OH the BEDS !!! I like a firm bed, my granddaughter likes soft - the beds were perfect for each of us and I would have brought the bed, pillows, and bedding home with me if I could have. We did some exploring and just a few feet down the hall was a port door, we went out and found the very front of the ship on the 11th deck - there was never anyone there, other than us. What a nice place to drink our coffee and plan our day. Our room steward GREG was friendly and wonderful. Our cruise director - Schwartz - was everywhere, I swear the man is a robot - every time we heard the ding on the loud speaker we knew Schwartz was going to be there with his "GOOD MORNING CARNIVAL BREEZE FAMILY....." We ate at the FARENHEIT 555 STEAK RESTAURANT the first night aboard it was amazing - it cost extra but was so worth it. I will point out for first time cruisers THERE IS NO CASH USED ON BOARD THE SHIP. Alcohol and soft drinks are also not included - the average alcoholic umbrella drink was $8, beer $5 and soft drinks $2.50 just for your planning. Of all the food on board our favorite was Guys Burgers and the buffet. The dining rooms were ok, but they were so busy that sometimes orders were not complete and some of the food way over cooked. We liked the buffets because there was a huge turn over in the food and it did not seem over cooked. We went to a show every night in the Ovation Theater and loved them all - first class entertainment. The ship it's self is beautiful. We were worried because of the immense size - but after a few days we easily found our way around and managed to get our exercise in, averaging 10,000 steps a day. There were 4713 passengers and 1400 crew on board, however, we never felt crowded except for the first excursion day and getting off the ship. SEASICKNESS - I am prone to getting the green face witrh rocking motions - the ship was very stable and there was only one time when a small storm moved in that I felt a bit green, I took my Bonine and went to bed, next day was perfect, I did feel the motion of the ship but never enough to be uncomfortable except for that one evening. There were trivia events and all kinds of contests etc. Kimberly ran the morning trivia which we found we could not miss - her energy flowed over to us all and made for a great start to the day. Be sure to look at your Fun Times every night to plan for the next day. There is a Dive-In movie theater on the Lido deck and we watched movies everynight. So much to do - so little energy do do it. Excursions - Rose Hall Jamaica was a beautiful trip but I felt was misrepresented. We thought it was a sort of haunted mansion trip, but there are only 4 items in the great house that are original and it was a bit of a disappointment, with LOTS of walking. Be sure to try the jerked chicken in the port stands - it's amazing. We gave the tour a 3 out of 5. Our 2nd excursion was Sea Safari with kayaking and stingray city - I cannot express enough how incredible this excursion was. Zack and Chris are perfect tour guides and very caring and helpful - I have some mobility issues - they worked with me and I managed to go kayaking, and swim with the sting rays - a bucket list item checked off. We gave this excursion 5+++++++ off the charts. 3rd on the tour was the Cozumel Mayan Ball Game and show. TAKE YOUR BUG SPRAY, this is in the middle of the jungle and there are no see-um bugs. This tour was wonderful and easy. We were blessed by a witch doctor, saw warriors play an interesting game, the tour provided huge fans to cool us off, and cool wet towels. Very thoughtful - it was HOT. There was tequila tasting and a lunch show. This was a long tour, we enjoyed it very much. 5 stars. NOTE: Our excursions were booked through Carnival - I found out that if you book through Carnival and you are injured - your medical requirements are covered. Not so with private company excursions. For my peace of mind I do not mind spending a few extra dollars. Last day on board - we had to be off the ship by 8:30 am, this was a surprise and it caused a bit of a transport issue. It took no more than 15 min to clear customs and debark. We did not buy alcohol or have anything to declare. Our shuttle was not due to arrive until 11:30 and it was way hot - the shuttle could not come early so we checked out a Carnival Bus - they had room and took us directly to the airport for a small fee - so worth it. NEXT TIME WE USE CARNIVAL TRANSPORT. Our cruise was far and above what we expected. For an 18 year old and a 63 year old it was the perfect choice. If you are bored on the Carnival Breeze then you are not looking out of your cabin. There is something to do for everyone. THANK YOU CARNIVAL FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Beyond My Expectations

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Just Ette

Just Ette’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Spa Interior
Cabin 4S 11220
Our Cabin 11220 (Spa Cabins) was bigger than I expected and OH the BEDS !!! I like a firm bed, my granddaughter likes soft - the beds were perfect for each of us and I would have brought the bed, pillows, and bedding home with me if I could have. The bathroom facilities were just right. The cabin was like a cave - darkn quiet and cool - very restful. Our steward Greg, was friendly and did an amazing job. Our towel animals each day were fantastic. 5 stars
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins