3. Grand Celebration
This is NOT Royal Caribbean or Carnival, etc. If you go in with that mindset then you will have a great time. The ship was VERY clean and this is coming from an OCD germaphobe. We saw people constantly cleaning all over the ship. They also have hand sanitizing stations all around as well. The food was pretty good. Decent buffet and late night snack of a taco bar one night and a mediterranean bar the next. We had the ocean view room and it was pretty spacious considering you were on a boat. The bed was rock hard but I digress, what do you expect? Plenty of hot water and good water pressure in the shower too. Getting onto the boat was pretty straight forward. We got there around 2:00 and it wasn't too bad. Plenty of people around to show you where to go. Parking is 20 bucks a day but we didn't use it so I can't speak on the service they give. They do try to hit you up with drink and dining packages before getting on the ship but we politely declined and weren't bothered by them. The shows are cheesy. SUPER cheesy but we had fun anyway. We aren't gamblers but hit up some of the slot machines and that was fun. They had some other games to play too like air hockey and a bowling game that was a good time waster. Again, this is not carnival where they have 200 activities going on. We booked an excursion that takes you to a private beach for the day. Paid 50.00 for the both of us. That did not include drinks or food but they did have that as an option. That was 70.00 per person I believe. The beach is very nice and has a tiki bar type of place there. They have waiters come around and take drink and food orders which is nice. Chairs and umbrella's were included the price. Because of where the ship docks you pretty much have to book an excursion. Some people mentioned jumping into a taxi but I didn't see any when we got off the boat. I also wasn't looking for them so that may have been why. The beach is 12 miles from the port according to our driver. The island itself is DEAD. DED, DEAD. Not sure if it's due to the hurricanes or just financial issues but here is nothing going on there at all. A lot of abandoned buildings and hotels that just closed up. It was kind of depressing but we still enjoyed ourselves at the beach. Didn't hit up the straw market but I can't imagine that we missed a whole lot there. All in all great value for the money. We live close to the port in West Palm so we especially enjoyed that it was easy for us to jump on this cruise.

Great experience if you have the right mindset

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by Mizbehr

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

Mizbehr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Spacious and very clean. Good water pressure. Walls are a bit thin but nothing that kept us up at night. Might have gotten lucky with good neighbors.