3. Radiance of the Seas
We chose RCI because we have sailed on them before and generally have good experiences. This however was not the case on the Radiance. From the time we got on the boat things were awful. The boat smelled like raw sewage when we first got on. I thought that it might have been Seward but as the cruise wore on I would still occasionally smell raw sewage. State room attendant was good. Main dining not so good. First day I had to ask for tea three times and bread twice. When I mentioned it to the head waiter he took care of the problem. Our waiter, however, had about 15 guests to serve and he was always behind. Most of the other tables had dessert before we had our entree. Not his fault he just had too much to do. The Radiance is an older and smaller boat and doesn't have the amenities of the larger ships, no promenade, very few, if any after hours dining like the bigger ships. They did, however, have a lot of specialty dinning that they pushed at you from all directions. I believe they had five specialty restaurants, and one after hours snack station. Windjammer was always crowded as usual. Always hard to find a seat during peak hours. On most of the ships we have been on dining is at 6:30 and 8:30 with shows at 8:30 and 10:30. On the Radiance the dining is 6 and 8 with shows at 7 and 9. 8:00 diners have to go to the show at 7:00. I prefer the old way with dining at 8:30 and the show after. On the Radiance it would not make much difference because the shows were pretty bad anyway. We walked out of two of them. They have self leveling pool tables on board, which seems kind of nice until you tried to play on them. Most of the time they were broke, balls were missing and the tables locked in one position. We did the cruise tour with 5 days in Alaska before the cruise. The tour part was far superior to the cruise part. We both decided that we would never said on the Radiance again.

RCI quality of cruises has steadily gone down.

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by dacusg

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

We both decided that we would never said on the Radiance again.
dacusg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1B 7562
Cabin was adequate, it showed signs of wear and tear but overall it was ok. Shower leaked where the nozzle connected to the hose and sent water in all directions. We let RC choose the cabin and I guess you get what you pay for. The balcony was directly on top of the life boats so you could not see straight down to the water. We have let RC select our cabin in the past and never had one this bad. The cabin was down the hall from the Centrum but there was no way that you could get to sleep before midnight due to the noise coming from deck 5. RC late night entertainment. I wore ear plugs and it was still so loud I could not sleep until it stopped at midnight,
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins