3. Norwegian Breakaway
We picked this cruise because of the Itinerary. I have always wanted to travel to this part of Europe. I have cruised on 5 other NCL ships and was not disappointed by the Breakaway. Although it is a huge ship, you'll find yourself spending most of your time on 3 floors. Especially in the Northern Latitudes where swimming and sunbathing are not the favored activities of the day. I have been a fan of NCL because of the freestyle cruising. It's just not a vacation to me if there is a dress code and assigned dining times. NCL has always done well with food, especially Cagney's. If you don't want to spend extra or get the specialty dining package, I have found the dining rooms to be excellent. Where this ship really stood out was in the entertainment. Syd Norman's is a new concept for NCL and an excellent one. Rock and Roll instead of pop and disco that is usually on tap by the live bands. The only downside was the size of the venue. The band was excellent, and the room was packed every time they took the stage. Also available was Howl at the Moon Dueling Pianos. Always a great time with outstanding talented performers. The excursions were good except for "Best of Berlin." It was a 2.5 hour train ride, followed by a 4 hour bus tour, then a 2.5 hour train ride back - not worth the money. Stay and tour around Rostock and Warnamude, save Berlin for a different time. We had our best tours in Estonia and Saint Petersburg, in the other cities it was mostly some history by bus or boat. On hindsight, I probably would have done on my own. Overall it was an excellent cruise. We had a great time and got a taste of a wonderful part of the world. The only downside was probably the size of the ship. It was tightly packed and noisy in most places. Entertaining, but noisy. Plus I miss The Great Outdoors dining area on the smaller ships. The waterfront was an excellent idea, but you can't escape the cigarette smoke. It is a poor substitute for the outdoor cafe, and doesn't make a very good promenade deck either.

Excellent Entertainment and Itinerary

ssdano’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 9262
After experiencing balcony rooms a couple of times, I will not go back to inside or oceanview. The little bit of extra room makes it well worth the upgrade. Even though the balcony is small, it does allow one to escape the noise and crowds of the common areas.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins