• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

I have always been a Royal Caribbean cruiser, so I thought I would give this one a try with a friend. That will NEVER AGAIN happen. The ship is old and extremely outdated. The food is absolutely not up to cruise expectations. There is a $20 fee for certain foods (ie. lobster, steaks, etc..) in the dining room. I have never heard of such a thing. The beauty of cruising is not having to deal with those things. It is a different waiter every night so they do not get to know you and have nothing ready for you. The dining room staff was unfriendly to say the least, with the exception of only a few people. Bar staff was very slow at nearly all bars except till I found Alan in the bar by the casino. He was awesome!

Our room attendant only made our room up completely 2 out of the 5 nights. The other days the bunks were left in the down position making it difficult to move around the already small room. Excursion towels were never left in our room even though the daily news told us to take the blue towels located in our room to the beaches. Rarely did you find a Purell hand sanitizer station that actually had Purell in it. The main thing that sealed the deal for taking the time to write this review is the fact that a guy was hammering away on some metal railing right outside our stateroom at 8:00 AM. Despite us telling him that kids were sleeping in the room. Overall this ship was a huge disappointment. I highly recommend spending a little extra on a better boat. I would not cruise this ship again even if it was free.

Ocean View

Cabin 6E

Our room attendant only made our room up completely 2 out of the 5 nights. The other days the bunks were left in the down position making it difficult to move around the already small room. Excursion towels were never left in our room even though the daily news told us to take the blue towels located in our room to the beaches. The main thing that sealed the deal for taking the time to write this review is the fact that a guy was hammering away on some metal railing right outside our stateroom at 8:00 AM. Despite us telling him that kids were sleeping in the room.

Port Reviews

Half Moon Cay

Snorkeling with stingrays was nice.

Grand Turk

Margaritaville pool was a ton of fun!

Find a Carnival Sensation Cruise from $239