3. Norwegian Pearl
My sister-in-law chose the cruise and invited all the siblings to come along. She used a travel agent, so we did too. If I were to cruise again, I think I would do the booking myself and wait until the last minute to get a better price. We had an inside cabin, which was ok, but very small. Plus it was set up to accommodate more than 2 people, so there was a bunk bed folded against the wall, which made the space feel even smaller and getting out of bed a bit tricky. Our cabin steward, Kepler, was great. All the staff were upbeat and happy. There was never a dull moment on the ship with a large variety of activities to choose from. Cruise Director, Vincent, kept the fun going! We really loved the aerialists, the juggler, and singer, Laura Wright. I really liked that you could eat meals when you wanted and that there were several options from casual to elegant included in the regular Freestyle dining. There was even one restaurant open 24/7. The food was excellent. The only disappointment was they did not offer Baked Alaska on the dessert menu. The chocolate lava cake was amazing! The shore excursions were great and departures for them well organized. Especially enjoyed the canoeing trip in Ketchikan. We also loved the valet service for our luggage that was included at no extra charge. Once our bags were packed, they were whisked away and we didn’t have to worry about them until we arrived at our destination airport. They even checked us in for our flight and printed and delivered our boarding passes to our stateroom! We used Lyft to get us to and from the pier from the airport. It worked out well and economical compared to the shuttle service.

Awesome Alaska

Monicamoon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE 5609
Very small. Not recommended. As small as it was, it was set up to accommodate 4 people. I cannot imagine what that would be like! There were 2 of us and we were very cramped. There was a fold up bunk bed on one wall and a rollaway under the bed. The bunk stuck out about 6 inches making it difficult to get out of that side of the bed. Switching out the king-sized bed for a queen would be helpful.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Mendenhall Glacier
    Great to be able to see a glacier so close to town and the hike to the waterfall is worth the effort. Wish your had been about an hour longer. We also visited Glacier Gardens, which was unique and interesting.
    View All 827 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Canoeing
    We were taken by bus to a beautiful lake and outfitted for canoeing. It was beautiful! Our guide, Doran was really good and demonstrated the echo effect and pointed out a lot of the plants and other natural features. He also lead us on a nature walk and was very knowledgeable. We also enjoyed the snack of clam chowder and smoked salmon!!
  • Glass Blowing
    The glassblowing demonstration was entertaining and so interesting! The gardens were so-so.
    View All 25 Glass Blowing Reviews
  • Butchart Gardens
    We arrived in port at 6 p.m. and by the time missing passengers for our tour were located, nearly 45 minutes had passed before we left the parking lot. Then we were driven through some posh neighborhoods where our bus broke down and we were delayed another 45 minutes while another bus was dispatched to pick us up and take us to the gardens. So we didn’t get there until about 8:45 and it was nearly dark. The light was lovely for about another 45 minutes. We left the place at 10:30. After that was a brief drive-by through downtown to seeThe Empress Hotel, Parliament building and Chinatown.
    View All 258 Butchart Gardens Reviews