3. Norwegian Bliss
We booked our cruise a year in advance, so needless to say, I had plenty of time to explore Seattle online. I contacted the Chamber or commerce and asked for brochures, magazines, advertisements, etc... I wanted to know where to go, how to get around and the best places to eat. When I arrived, I felt like I already knew the city. We purchased the City Pass and within 48 hours, got to see so much of the sights. I would definitely recommend getting them. We were on the very first Alaskan sailing of the Bliss (June 2 - 9, 2018). The ship was so large. It took me almost the full week to know how to get around. But as time went on, I explored as much as I could and found some fantastic spots for viewing that weren't crowded. Our cabin was 10758. It was nice and quiet. With as many stateroom this ship had, I honestly expected to cross more people in the halls by their rooms, but it was just the opposite. I hardly saw anyone in the halls. Everyone one was out and about in the center of the ship where all the activities were. The dining was great. Never had to wait for a table. We made reservations for most of our evening dinners, but breakfast and lunch was a drop in. My favorite was The Local. We also enjoyed The Taste and Savor. The food was good. I ate everything I ordered. The portions were a good amount too. Not too much, not too little. You could always order more if you were still hungry. I was disappointed that we didn't get a choice for a lobster meal. Now I can't say it was the best food I ever had or that I would say "you've got to try this"... but it was average. I did have a steak at the Le Bistro and that was probably the best meal I ate all week. Stay out of the buffet area unless you plan to eat standing up. Not enough tables and some families just parked themselves there for hours because they had a great view. So they sit there all day and take up all the tables with their stuff not even eating most of the time. I enjoyed the entertainment. My favorite was the Jersey Boys and Beatlemania. Havanna was just ok... Maybe I was just tired when I saw it. And Prohibition was a lot of fun. My son enjoyed watching the movies in the atrium and Bliss theater. We tried our turn on the Go Carts. It was fun, but for $10.00 a ride, we only did them once. I felt that as much as we spent on this cruise, they could have given everyone a complimentary ride on the go carts or laser tag. Maybe give them a choice. We were frustrated to find out that you can only ride them with a reservation. So, we had to wait two days to ride them. That was very annoying. They didn't even have a standby line. No reservation, no ride! The casino was a lot of fun too. And it wasn't crazy crowded there either. I was so happy to see they had a closed in smoking section just for the smokers. Very smart! The bartenders was super nice. Always friendly, making jokes, and having fun with the passengers. The dancers at the dance parties were also a favorite of mine. We also went to the Karaoke. Next time, please put the Karaoke in an adult only room. We had some pre-teens and teenagers singing and it was the worst thing every. So many just left the room because of them. The Bliss has an observation area. I was extremely upset with the number of people sleeping on the sofa's with their feet everywhere. They were asleep and not even looking at the view. I couldn't even find a seat to sit in. It was nasty and frustrating. I put my shoe up to tie my shoe one time and I was asked to not put my shoes on the chair. OK.. my fault. But people could sleep with bare feet and nothing was said to them! Take away the sofas and loungers and just put in chairs. We took two excursions. Booked a train ride through NCL and a rain forest hike from a private party. The hike was my favorite. There was four to five ships at most ports and needless to say, the towns, restaurants, and bars were extremely crowded. It was hard to get around and made it hard to enjoy the ports. Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Getting off the ship was a long line and took a good bit of time. But we made conversation with some of the others around us and time passed quickly. I traveled with two young adults and one teenager. The ship has stuff for the teenager, but my two young adults (20 years old), didn't have a place for them to mingle with other's their age. I felt there should have been some kind of social club for 18 - 21 year olds. My daughter was desperate to find someone else around her age. I would definitely take this trip again, but next time I believe the smaller ships are going to be more my style. Also, as much as I love my children, I feel the Alaskan Cruise is really more for couples and not for large families.

Lovely Ship

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 10758
Room was very nice. Bed was comfortable, but the pull down bed and sofa bed was very hard. I liked that my luggage fit under my bed. And I also liked the USB ports on the overhead lights. The bathroom was fantastic! Nice size... I wish it had an electrical outlet in there.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins