3. Norwegian Pearl
My wife and I have cruised more than 30 times. We have experienced the best that cruise life can offer. Unfortunately, our experience on Norwegian was quite disappointing. Our cabin steward failed to make up our room on two occasions (7 night cruise) resulting in us having to seek him out to do even the bare basics such as making up the bed and obtaining fresh towels. I did speak with the gentleman at the guest services desk. He assured me that he would remove the $203 "voluntary" gratuity because our service was so very poor. Having just received my American Express statement, I can assure you that they did not remove the "voluntary" gratuity. Of all of the cruises we have experienced, the meal offerings on the Pearl were quite disappointing. The menu basically does not change for the entire cruise - most of the offerings consisted of chicken and a very poor cut of meat that they referred to as New York Strip. The lamb, shrimp, crab, etc. were all served as an ingredient in a pasta or salad dish. Most of the soups tasted as though they came from a can. Norwegian has greatly improved the embarking and disembarking process as compared to other cruise lines. It was great not to have to wait in long annoying lines getting onto the ship at the start of the cruise and leaving the ship at the end of the cruise.

Nice Ports - Poor Cruise Experience