3. Viking Aegir
We had been looking forward to the Grand European Tour from Amsterdam to Budapest on Viking. The itinerary was perfect for our interest. It was a miserable experience. We arrived early morning in Amsterdam and were not given a room until 5:00 pm. Viking should have had some activities planned upon arrival along with an introduction to Amsterdam (location of ATM, bank, transportation logistics). I got sick after 10 days because of no hygiene procedures on ship. The only hand sanitizer was by the main dining room. NO sanitizer upon entry, other dining room, into lounge or any other care for guests. Viking did not show any concern for over half of the ship being ill. They were non apologetic for my concerns on my return home and very arrogant in customer relations. I was very surprised at the total lack of customer concern and will never cruise with them again and not recommend Viking line. We were also expected to pay gratuities for a $9000+ Per person cruise. Yes I expect to pay gratuities for a lower price cruise but not for one in this price category. Also had to pay for laundry as no laundry facilities in board.

Hugely disappointing trip

Viking Aegir Cruise Review by 5marnel

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
We appreciate you providing an overview of your time aboard Viking Aegir to the cruising community, 5marnel, and we hope this response finds you in good health following your onboard illness. The delayed entry to your stateroom you’ve described is undesirable, and we thank you for your thoughtful recommendations for boarding-day activities. Rest assured that all of your constructive feedback, including your disappointment with onboard cost expectations and experience with our Customer Relations department, has been recorded for review by management; nevertheless should you wish to continue the conversation, we welcome you to reach out to us at TellUs@vikincruises.com. Thank you for this opportunity to respond, and have a restful day.
5marnel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Aegir price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 217
Small as expected. Good shower room with nice seal for doors. Did not resupply shampoo, body wash or conditioner so had to ask every time for more.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins