3. Freedom of the Seas
Embarkation was relatively smooth, no way to get around that. Disembarkation was a complete disaster. For reason unknown, nobody started getting off the ship until about 9am. It was supposed to start at 7am. We reported to our location on time at 8am. No announcements were made and the theater quickly became overcrowded as more people were showing up for their time slot. There were no announcements explaining what was going on, no communication AT ALL. Very poorly done, many irate people. Luckily I was in the first group to get off, but I'm sure it got worse after I left. The main buffet "Wind Jammer" was almost always overcrowded with lines. Most of the time it was about 75% open, the other side was closed. Not enough variety for lunch. Main dinning room breakfast left room for improvement, but it was better than the mob scene at the Wind Jammer. In the dinning room, staff once tried to talk me out of ordering something for my kids off the menu. Not great service here Buffet in there was very basic, no potatoes at all??? At dinner, attendants were very good. But every once in a while they would serve something that should never reach the table. (completely melted ice cream, fish with 40% bad spots.) Cabin attendants were wonderful! Enough said! Communication is always hard, but again I felt overwhelmed with knowing what was going on. I missed A LOT. Mostly on me, but I could use some help here. I didn't do any of the shopping myself. But someone I was traveling with found the EXACT watch for sale that he was wearing on his wrist. On the cruise it was $225 supposedly on some deep discount. He said in the States he paid under $200. IMO it's all just a racket. I found myself unnecessarily stressed out over towels. Their policy is that you check them out, if you don't check them back in, $25 PER TOWEL. Yikes! I understand that they want people to take care of them, not leave them on an island beach. But come on, there has to be a better way. Traveling with kids, I shouldn't have to get this stressed out over towels. This is vacation!

A mix of good and bad, I'm sure there's better our there

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by cpfrederick

Cabin attendants were wonderful! Enough said!

cpfrederick’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 8264
Cabin seemed dated, but no big complaints. Shower was a little crusty with age, cheap, but seemed relatively clean.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Antigua
    Getting really tired of dealing with locals hustling you. Can't knock the cruise line for that. Cabbie was vocally critical of the island and it's people, he was a native. Again, getting taken on cab fare and most everything else. Hard to really enjoy yourself eh?
    View All 1,546 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Barbados
    Several people at dinner reported bad experience with locals being rude and not nice to tourists. My group did some research and headed to a secluded beach that was close to the ship and wow did we get lucky. Brandon's Beach!!! Beautiful, close, large, trees, small bar/restaurant, restrooms, and very few people there. I was questioned by the cabbie with "You want to go there?" which made me a little nervous, but we stuck to our guns and it was spectacular.
    View All 1,520 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • Jeep Tour
    This was the 4x4 Island & Beach Safari with Greg's Safaris. I really enjoyed this one! Easy to get connected in the port, seats were VERY comfortable. Driver was good but the owner Greg was fantastic. He led the overall group once we reached the main stop. Free rum punch but it was put away VERY quickly! LOL. The beach they took us to was a very nice resort. But since it was only an hour, wasn't really enough time to spend $30 on a chair/umbrella or do much.
    View All 20 Jeep Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    I was VERY disappointed with this tour. "St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous" through Royal Caribbean. The beach they took us to was a small section of a somewhat rundown hotel cove. "Chairs provided" but they make you pay for umbrellas. For food, they just gave you a voucher for a restaurant on the beach. Kind of a dirty dump, but the food there was not bad considering. With all the wonderful beaches on this island, I was pretty upset that THIS is where they took us.