3. Harmony of the Seas
My family of four just retuned from a seven day cruise on Harmony. This was our sixth cruise together (3 Royal), (2 Norwegian), (1 Princess) so I think we can provide a relatively objective review. SHIP: Harmony is absolutely gorgeous and loaded with amenities. Even though the ship was full, it handled 6700 passengers very well. Unlike some other reviews I’ve read, we never had trouble getting around, using elevators, or finding deck chairs. Sure, the windjammer cafe was crowded at peak times, but no different than any other ship. FOOD: We mostly ate in the main dining room and found the food to be very good—but not great (Norwegian’s was much better—especially the steaks.) We did try Izumi’s one night and absolutely loved it. Our chef, Dennis was hilarious and it turned out to be our favorite night on the ship. We also really liked Jamie’s and even our teenage son came away stuffed. ENTERTAINMENT: The Fine Line is excellent, and we also loved the comedians in the attic. Grease was very good but kind of lost us near the end since we had all seen it before. Columbus is a mess, but the music is catchy so its worth seeing if there’s nothing else on. The movies on deck were first rate (we saw Black Panther) and The Escape Room is a fun diversion. DECK ACTIVITIES: I’m glad to see that Royal got the message about water slides. Since lounging around the pool for hours isn’t our thing we had a lot of fun on the water slides, flow riders, and of course, the ultimate abyss. Even with two consecutive sea days, we never felt bored. ITINERARY/EXCURSIONS: Frankly, I thought the itinerary was weak, but since we were there for the ship, it really didn’t matter to us. The perfume making class on St. Martin still ranks as one of our favorite excursions ever, but this time however we just decided to hang out at the beach (there are some nice ones within walking distance from the pier). San Juan was such a short day it was hard to do much, but we really enjoyed our time on Labadee as the zip line and dragon coaster were worth every penny. SUMMARY/COMPARISON: We had a terrific time on this cruise and would not hesitate to recommend it. When comparing it to Norwegian Getaway (the most similar in class) I would say it is nearly dead even. If pushed, I would lean Norwegian’s way (mainly due to the food and slightly better entertainment) but you really can’t go wrong either way.

Harmony has it all...almost.

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by 20yearswed

20yearswed’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 7544
Great cabin: very spacious and lots of storage.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins