3. Celebrity Millennium
We traveled with another couple that came with us because we had highly recommended Celebrity cruise line after a wI wintonderful Med cruise in 2016. This ship, food and the ship staff were highly disappointing! I personally witnessed two crew members leaning on broom watching and commenting on people in the indoor pool. A supervisor came and chastized them and they both argued with her before moving on, only for me to see them 5 minutes later doing the exact same thing. Everyone looks forward to the food when cruising. This was the first huge disappointment for myself and my traveling companions. The food in the buffet was set up so poorly that in 8 days I never really did figure out the layout of the dining room. The worst part was that the food was set so far back that I witnessed several people getting completely underneath the sneeze guard to serve themselves. When there was an employee behind the line I never saw them offer help or tell someone to NOT lay on top of the food in the buffet. After seeing this numerous times I refused to eat in the buffet again. My experience was there were usually no or very few plates, glasses were not replenished, silverware was in short supply. Most of the beverage stations were closed so you were forced to walk around in circles to find a beverage. The food in the main dining room improved as the week went on but generally I found it to be tasteless and never once served to me hot. Unfortunately, I was also very disappointed in the entertainment offered on this cruise. Seemed to me that everything that was offered to do on a sea day involved me paying additional money. Buy artwork, pay to taste wines or scotch, bingo, casino. We resorted to watching an old movie in the theatre and paying to play bingo. Alaska was an amazing destination and well worth taking the trip. Our captain did an excellent job of cruising through Hubburd. The seas were pretty rough a couple of days and this ship did not seem as stable as the newer ships. I highly recommend taking an Alaskan cruise but I would also Highly recommend that you pick another ship.

Food was terrible and service only a little better

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by MemphisWife4

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

MemphisWife4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B
Cabin 2B
Cabin seemed smaller then usual as we could barely pass between the end of the bed and the dresser. The room was adequate and kept clean and tidy by our room steward.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins