3. Canadian Empress
From a villa in St. Barths to crossing the Atlantic on the QE2 in Princess class after a week in Epernay France, I consider myself a discerning traveller. We embarked on the Canadian Empress from my hometown of Kingston Ontario intrigued by a voyage on the St. Lawrence River through the locking system to our final destination of Quebec City. It will enter my travelogue as one of the most enjoyable journeys I've ever experienced. My fellow passengers were also world travellers with fascinating interests and professions hailing from Europe, UK, US with a sprinkling from Canada. I haven't laughed so much in a long time! The ships staff were exceptional from Trevor our intrepid Purser who always showed up with something new to do from kites off the stern to the rules of shuffleboard which led to a rousing tournament - to the deck hands who never stopped polishing rails or wiping down the decks. Who knew Upper Canada Village would be the best example of my tax dollars at work? Or that Montreal, a place I grew up in, would come to life from a different perspective by our intrepid guide. With the ship so close to the water the views were spectacular, never impeded by weather - you could always find a spot to enjoy the river, and the freighters going by even from the interior of the grand saloon on inclement days. And somehow the design of the ship provided smooth sailing even on rough days. If you go, pack light. to the crew, keep the dance floor open!

Beyond Expectations - Wonderful Journey!

Canadian Empress Cruise Review by kaydeeoh

If you go, pack light. to the crew, keep the dance floor open!
kaydeeoh’s Full Rating Summary
Get St. Lawrence Canadian Empress price drops

I understand that the cabins are to be re-done for the next season. That being said, they are small but efficient. My husband and I packed carry-ons which fit easily under the bed, our clothes all fit in the cupboard even though I took too many. This is a much more casual cruise, so no fancy clothes required. Guests from further afield had more difficulty as no place to put the big bags they were travelling with

From breakfast through dinner, with entertainment following, there was so much to do - even if you just wanted to read a book, or watch the river go by - that we were never in our cabin except to sleep, so rooms not really an issue for us.