• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

First timers and we had a blast! The cabin was so spacious and we had no problem putting all our stuff away and suitcases fitted under the bed no problem. The ship is impeccably clean and the restaurants are too. Staff are always gloved and do all the food serving, I.e, you cannot serve yourself at the buffet. We ate in the specialist restaurants which were all fantastic, seriously the food on this ship is amazing. We did find the entertainment a bit below average and personally would have liked more to choose from. We were booked in for 6pm dinners and there is a real gap until quite late in the evening before any more entertainment. Don’t get me wrong we still had a great time at the casino, the trivia (twice a day), and earning Big O points on other activities around the ship. No Bingo, isn’t this a standard on a cruise?? Anyway the ports were mostly good, we did our own thing the whole time but next time I would look at the actual day in Port I.e, the Spain Port was a Sunday, not much open. Next time I’d book something if a Sunday. Would I choose Oceania again, for sure I would, I liked the space on the ship, the staff are incredibly friendly and I really like the fact there are hardly any children that go.

Verandah Stateroom

Cabin B2

Cabin very clean, very spacious, bathroom full of granite and had 2 showers. Heaps of space to put all your smellies.

Port Reviews

Monaco (Monte Carlo)

This is where we embarked. Stayed a night prior to cruise. Interesting place but can be pricey, be careful where you eat!

Saint-Tropez

One of my favourites, lovely little village. Walked around, shopped! Had a lovely local lunch.

Marseille

Jumped on a hop on hop off bus which gave us a great rundown of this city. Visited the church on the hill. Had a local lunch, lots of places to choose from.

Palamos

The day we were in Port was freezing! And a Sunday. Grabbed a taxi and paid him for an hour to take us to some key sites. He was fantastic. Wanted to grab local lunch but not much open and really really cold so did a quick shop and headed back to ship. Probably would book an excursion on a Sunday next time.

Olbia

Interesting dirty place. Once again hop on hop off bus, local lunch and wandering.

Palermo (Sicily)

Another dirty place but really interesting. Hop on hop off bus, yep we love them!

Positano (Amalfi)

Absolute favourite port. What an interesting and fantastic place to visit. Got tendered to Amalfi. Took the bus to Positano and boat back to Amalfi. Wandered round both villages, shopped and had the best ravioli yet!

3 Helpful Votes