3. Norwegian Getaway
This cruise was a gift from my wife's work for 20 years of service. We did not have a choice but what a great job they did picking this ship. This was our 1st experience with NCL but it will not be our last. I read all the horror stories about embarkation but we had no problems at all. There were lines of course but they never stopped moving, we arrived at the port by Uber at 10:30 and were on the ship by 11:30. Room was ready by 2, and luggage was there when we were done with the muster drill at 4. Met the room steward, Rufo, and asked him to empty the fridge so I could put some water in there. When we got back to the room that evening it was all emptied out. We did not see him often but whenever we put the make up the room light on it got done quickly. The room was kept very clean and I would tell everyone to use the buttons by the door to let them know when it is convenient for you to get things done. We made reservations for the escape room and the two comedians that 1st day with no problem, already had the theater shows booked. We did not have the specialty dining package but had no problem finding good food all week. We had a wonderful waiter the 1st night in Tropicana, Robert, and we requested him every time we ate there. I heard that the MDR's were slow but we had no problem eating at 5;30 and making 7 o'clock shows. We did let Robert know when we were seated when we had a show to make. Not going to list everything we ate all week but with the exception of one dessert everything was delicious. We ate all our breakfasts at the buffet because I liked having my omelette made right in front of me. Also loved the variety of choices for breakfast. The entertainment was very good. The three comedians were all worth seeing more than once, only saw the family friendly shows but they were all good. Burn the Floor was my least favorite, it got repetitive, but they were very talented. The magician/comedian was geared for the children but was still entertaining. Million Dollar Quartet was the best show I have ever seen on a ship. All the events at the atrium were very entertaining especially when Ash was running them, he was hilarious. The 1st two nights I was wondering why people said the atrium was too crowded since we had no problem finding seats, but that changed as people caught on how much fun was to be had and by the end of the week seats were impossible to find. We had a late flight out on the last day so were in no hurry to get off the ship. We waited until the end and walked off at 9:55 with no line at all.

Fabulous Cruise

Tank412’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 8112
The cabin was very nice, plenty of storage, our large suitcases fit under the bed. The balcony was huge, two chairs, table and two loungers. The bed was very comfortable, I did not like the pillows at all but my wife liked them, so you will have to decide for yourself. I had plenty of room in the shower which is sometimes an issue on other ships.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• ATV Adventure
    Best excursion we have ever done. ATV's handled really well even for beginners. Went over rocks, thru the mud and jungle, finished riding along the beach. We were taken to a private beach with drinks included. Went for a swim here and saw thousands of fish. Water was crystal clear down at least 20 feet which was the deepest water I swam in.
    View All 45 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Beach
    Very nice private resort. Beautiful setting, nice pool and restaurant, drinks and food were included. The water here was also crystal clear but not nearly the sea life that was at Costa Maya
  • Harvest Caye
    Loved the beach and the pool. Had no problem finding chairs, just had to walk a little farther from the ship. The stores had a nice selection and did not feel they were overpriced. We brought water with us so did not get anything to eat or drink at this stop. The only down side was the cloudiness of the water. I went for a swim and could not see the bottom.
    View All 970 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Flew in to Miami the night before, took hotel shuttle from airport to Best Western Airport North. Nice room, good breakfast included. Took Uber to port $14.25 plus tip.
    View All 2,288 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Had a private driver, Isaac, was very good. Enjoyed the monkey park but the sightseeing was very depressing. The island is so poor it just made for a sad trip to see the living conditions of the people of Roatan.
    View All 208 Island Tour Reviews