Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Suzyq52

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We chose this cruise as it left from a nearby port and went to Havana, Cuba. I also loved, loved the open bar. I was a bit skeptical and thought we would have to stand in long lines at just a couple of specific bars... but this was totally NOT the case. You could even get a drink from waiters around the ship. There were no passengers that I could see that got carried away with the open bar.

The cruise staff were the friendliest I’ve seen in recent cruising. The ship was very clean. My stateroom steward always had ice in my cabin without even asking (which i have had to do on RC it every time). Food was good. I really did not enjoy the three specialty restaurants I went to that much, Glad it was a perk and I didn’t have to pay the up charge. I enjoyed the main dining room much more.

I had hoped to open the balcony separater so that my family in the room next door could connect on the balcony but they would not do it.

All in all, I liked the cruise and ship very much,

Suzyq52's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BD 8061

Nice, quiet cabin. Close, but not too close to elevators. Convenient to Deck 7 and 6 so we used stairs quite often. I was on the wrong side coming into Havana.

City Tour

Excellent! No deposit necessary, paid after the tour was complete. Kept us informed by email after booking. Great tour guide and driver and very nice pink convertible to tour in. They took us to wherever we wanted to go. Can’t say enough good things about this tour company.

View All 251 City Tour Reviews
Tropicana Cabaret

I’m embarrassed to tell anyone how much I paid for this excursion. The cabaret was awful. Some reasons: waited forever in line to get in; packed you in so tight once you were seated; could hardly see anything and we were in the middle; music was so so (although costumes were good).

View All 82 Tropicana Cabaret Reviews
Key West

Always love just waking around Key West. Didn’t love that we docked at the Naval Station, which was inconvenient.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

A little later getting on the ship than I am used to, but embarkation was fine.

Suzyq52