3. Polarlys
My second Hurtigruten cruise, this time to experience the midnight sun. We didn't actually get sun at midnight North of the arctic circle, but I found the continuous light really fascinating. I was travelling independently and found it easy enough to get a taxi from Bergen airport to Hurtigruten and back. The majority of people also had some English. Didn't need cash as everybody used card machines. For me a great trip. Lots to see with all the port stops. Wonderful food and crew. For myself and my brother our dining experience was enriched by our waiter who as well as serving us efficiently found the time for some jokes and excellent wit! Very efficiently organised and mainly very informative excursions. And of course Norway is such a beautiful country to see. Remember that this is a working ship that doesn't provide evening entertainment apart from the wonderful dinners and views.

Interesting and stimulating

Polarlys Cruise Review by gillcraig

The majority of people also had some English.

Didn't need cash as everybody used card machines.

For me a great trip. Lots to see with all the port stops.

Wonderful food and crew.

Very efficiently organised and mainly very informative excursions.

And of course Norway is such a beautiful country to see.

gillcraig’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Polarlys price drops

2 single beds which for me and my brother was perfectly adequate.Enough storage. Big enough bathroom and good shower. On deck 3 was handy for getting on and off in ports.