3. Carnival Miracle
We traveled with two other couples who had already booked this cruise. This is only our 2nd cruise, but we LOVE the size of the ship vs the amount of guests. The buffet got a little crowded occasionally, but nothing like the first cruise we took on another cruise line (MSC). We were always able to get an elevator rather quickly vs MSC where we almost always had to take the stairs. The activity/entertainment team did a great job. We loved the trivia and game type activities they offered. Also loved the cooking demonstration and the towel folding class. The shows were okay but nothing spectacular compared to the amazing shows on MSC. The comedy club was one of the best parts. Wish there had been more seating because we did miss a couple of shows due to not being able to find a seat. The main dining room was a little slow some nights and faster other nights. Luckily we weren't in a hurry so didn't really bother us that much. Our serving team was very, very friendly and worked extremely hard. The food was actually really good. I mean it's included in the fare, you can order as many items as you want, you don't have to cook OR clean so to me it was amazing, LOL!! We did splurge and celebrate my husband's 50th birthday at Nick & Nora's Steakhouse aboard. It was really fantastic!! They surprised us with a glass of champagne apiece and a wonderfully delicious tart type birthday cake complete with a cute little icing decorated dome and birthday candle. He had to make a wish and everything (no singing, thank goodness)! We will probably do this again! Great cabin. We had an interior 4D inside cabin category. It was small, but plenty of room for the two of us. Four large drawers and five small drawers in the desk/dresser area. Plus a nice drawer in each of the two nightstands. Three closets, two for hanging and one with shelves (at least 4 shelves). Probably about 10/12 hangers in each closet. Lots of counter space in the bathroom along with 6 small shelves for our meds, toothpaste, brushes, makeup, etc. The shower was also more roomy than I expected. Actually loved our cabin. We are mostly just in there to sleep, shower and change, so it worked very well for us. Our cabin steward was a sweetie! He asked us (by name) every day if we needed anything special and if everything was alright. We only had him service our cabin once a day during turn down because I take naps and didn't want to keep messing it up for him. He honored our request and did a fantastic job, even bringing us ice every evening and of course leaving us a new towel animal everyday! The ship was clean and inviting. Interesting decorating and a lot to see. It probably needs some updating, but nothing in particular and for me it was actually fine. Although I would have liked to see a Guy's Burger Joint aboard, LOL!! On MSC we saw the Captain all the time. We saw him eating at the buffet several times, saw him wandering around talking to guests and interacting with crew, onstage a couple of times and of course during pictures and dinner with the Captain. I did not see the Captain at all on this ship. Not that it's a big deal, just different. Kind of nice knowing who's "driving" the ship though, LOL. We had friendly service from every single crew member we encountered. We smiled and they seemed relieved to smile back. I'm sure they get more than their fair share of "grumps" so I make a concerted effort to smile and speak to them. I'm a fairly smiley person anyway (and I like to talk) so it wasn't really much of an effort on my part, LOL. We stopped in 4 ports: Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Grand Cayman Cozumel: We did the Top Ten of Cozumel excursion booked through Carnival. It was interesting although I can't really figure out what the ten things were. We stopped at a chocolate "factory" which was really just one guy showing us how organic chocolate used to be handmade. We got to sample it and tiny handmade tortillas with a really yummy mole sauce. We also stopped at a Tequila "factory" where they don't actually make the tequila, but they gave us the history and information about how it's made. Then took us into an air conditioned room (yay, it was hot out) and we had sample tastings of several ages and flavors of their tequila. I am not much of a drinker at all and I have never liked tequila, but I have to say this stuff was pretty freakin' amazing. My favorite was the "Coffee Tequila"!! Needless to say (because I'm not much of a drinker) I was pretty buzzed by the time we left there. Maybe that's why I don't know what the rest of the top ten things were, LOL!!!! Belize: My husband booked the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with Lunch excursion through Carnival. He had been to Tulum when we went to Cozumel the year before and loved it. He liked this one even better. He said it wasn't nearly as big an area and only a few temples, but he got to climb to the top and take pictures and stuff so he actually liked this excursion better. At Tulum you aren't allowed to touch anything. He said the authentic, sit down Belizian lunch was delicious (one piece of chicken seasoned well, a pile of rice and beans and a fried plantain piece). It didn't come with a drink, but he paid $1 for a bottle of coke zero and was happy with that. Both Mayan Ruin excursions he's taken was a LOT of bus travel (Xunantunich was over two hours each way by bus, plus a short ferry ride, Tulum was quite a long walk to the bus, about an hour bus ride each way and another long walk from the bus to the ruins entrance) and the lunch was a pretty bad sandwich eaten on the bus with an apple and some weird juice that was not good. Both excursions kind of rushed through the ruins in order to get back to the boat in time. I chose not to do the Mayan Ruins this time mainly due to the heat and the very LONG bus ride. I decided to try to find snorkeling once I got to the pier. Much easier than expected. In Belize you basically tender in, walk to the end of the pier (past pier 4) into a building where every excursion available can be booked. They do not negotiate. Everything is a set price, but different companies offer different excursions. So you can just go from booth to booth to find the one you want and voila I was getting on a boat about 10 minutes later, traveling 30 minutes to Goff Caye (a teeny private island with a couple of food stands, souvenirs, chairs for rent, a small building with changing rooms and another small building with restrooms). My excursion included all the free rum punch you want, snorkeling gear and use of the private island for a couple of hours. They stopped at the island first so people could change, then took us a half mile or so away from the island by boat to the barrier reef to let us snorkel. We swam in groups of about 6 or so with a guide. It was very nice. When we got back to the island, I drank one rum punch and thought it wasn't too bad. Then I stood up, LOL. Whew, I was buzzed. Changed to water after that!! Swam and enjoyed the view until our boat left to head back to the mainland. Honduras: We did not book an excursion because it was a very short day in port. We had to be back on the ship by 2:30 so we just shopped in the tourist area. We found out later that the snorkeling and scuba diving was AMAZING, so our next trip will definitely include snorkeling and hopefully a trip to the sloth sanctuary. Grand Cayman: We booked an excursion through Carnival to swim with the stingrays!! It was wonderful and my favorite excursion so far! We got to feed them, pet them, kiss them and get our pictures taken with them. LOVED IT! Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived about 11:30, went through first security without a wait, then waited maybe five minutes for bag security, checked in with no wait and went to our "Zone" and waited maybe a half hour for it to be called to enter the ship. Plenty of seating and cold water available while we waited. Got on the ship easily, got to the buffet before it was too awfully crowded and was able to get a seat for six rather quickly. We took an offered tour of the ship and by the time that was done we were able to get into our cabins. Cabins were ready by 1:30 and we got our luggage before dinner. Very, very organized! Debarkation was even easier. We chose the very latest debarkation time, out of our cabin by 8:30, could have eaten in the dining room, but we decided on the buffet. Had a nice leisurely breakfast, then found some comfy seats on another deck that was less crowded and played games until time to debark. Very easy! Sorry this is so long! We did not take our kids this time, just my hubby and me and it was fantastic. I did miss having the kids, so they will definitely be with us next time. It was surprisingly a really good mix of ages. I had heard Carnival had the "Party Boats" so I expected mostly young adults and couples (lots of drunk and outrageous behavior, but saw very little of that) and figured we would be older than most. That was not at all the case. I think it was pretty evenly young, middle and old ages. Seemed like most were "young at heart" though so that was a definite plus!! Not an "old person" ship, not a "young person" ship, there were activities for all ages. We will absolutely be taking more Carnival cruises!!

We had a great time celebrating my husband's 50th birthday!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by SawyersMommy

We stopped in 4 ports: Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Grand Cayman

SawyersMommy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D 6169
Great cabin. It was small, but plenty of room for the two of us. Four large drawers and five small drawers in the desk/dresser area. Plus a nice drawer in each of the two nightstands. Three closets, two for hanging and one with shelves (at least 4 shelves). Probably about 10/12 hangers in each closet. Lots of counter space in the bathroom along with 6 small shelves for our meds, toothpaste, brushes, makeup, etc. The shower was also more roomy than I expected. Actually loved our cabin. We are mostly just in there to sleep, shower and change, so it worked very well for us.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins