3. Royal Princess
Had travelled on Royal Princess to the Mediterranean previously and had loved it. The good The balcony cabin was very nice but we went on the Ovation of the Seas after this cruise and that cabin was exceptional. The service on board was very good. Afterwards abysmal! The bed and pillows amazing - I had the best sleep! The shops and the sale days. The spa - I had a fantastic massage and facial. And they had free mini seminars which were great as well. The bad The organisation of the tenders was dreadful we waited in Guernsey for nearly 2 hours to get on a tender and this was in the middle of the day - not at peak time. They said that they were doing as best as they could but you could see that there were plenty of tender boats still on the ship. This occurred again at Edinburgh (South Queensferry) and was made worse by the bus ride in and out of town being about 3/4 hour. So out of the 10 hours allowed for sightseeing there was over 3 hours taken out of that with transport into Edinburgh. The meals were not as good as I remembered them to be previously. With flavour on a lot of dishes being too salty- does someone actually do a taste test? The floor shows are very amateurish although the band and singers on the Piazza quite good The internet connection - so very slow! The poor guy in the internet cafe would have to either medicate or have some stiff drinks before starting his shift to handle the complaints. I thought that this was perhaps the best you could expect at sea but on the Ovation the connection was extremely fast. A lot of the appeal of a cruise was lost because of the weather - but that was our fault for not thinking more about the impact that it would have. The excursions - dreadfully overpriced! Organise your excursions through your cruise critic roll call privately so much better. Although even these are expensive at these ports. The most disappointing aspect of this cruise was the after sales service. Absolutely woeful. We left behind in the cabin 2 document folders - we advised them of this the very next day and have sent 2 emails but no response until I went on their facebook page - I then got an email thanking me for my patience they would be back to me - this is over 3 weeks ago since I first advised them. Very disappointing!

Organisation for tenders is woeful

Royal Princess Cruise Review by honeyandhoney

The good

The service on board was very good. Afterwards abysmal!

The bed and pillows amazing - I had the best sleep!

The shops and the sale days.

The bad

The meals were not as good as I remembered them to be previously.

honeyandhoney’s Full Rating Summary