3. River Countess
I chose the cruise because it was a decent price and I had never visited Venice before. I wasn't overly excited for the cruise before leaving, as I love cruising on the rivers and this was not on a river. From the moment we boarded though, we were totally pampered. The ship was beautifully decorated and even though we were on the bottom level, we never felt like we were less than the passengers in the suites. The drinks were free flowing and the bartender was always willing to try a new concoction. Our chef Bogdon was brilliant and made every meal special and delicious. When I saw him buying the fresh octopus at the local fish market, I thought to myself "Not eating that". Well I did eat it and it was so delicious, I had seconds. Our waiter Dan made every meal a fun experience. Always had a great smile and a little joke for us. It's little things like that that make a cruise special. The excursions that Uniworld arranged were great. We had wonderful and knowledgeable guides giving us so much information on the history of everywhere that we went. One thing that I was disappointed in was Uniworld's decision to discontinue the "Easy walking tours". I have a very bad knee and had some rib bruising and could no way keep up with the group. We also had people well into their 80's (87 yrs.) that had health issues and had a hard time keeping up. Take note Uniworld, most of your passengers are 60+ and some have health/physical problems. They should beable to be comfortable taking the tours and not have to struggle to keep up.

The only way to see Venice and immediate area.....

River Countess Cruise Review by tiggypooo

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Classic Stateroom with Small Window

From the moment we boarded though, we were totally pampered.

Our chef Bogdon was brilliant and made every meal special and delicious.

tiggypooo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld River Countess price drops

Classic Stateroom with Small Window
Cabin 4 103
The cabin was small but adequate.The decor was nice and the storage was really good. It's amazing that all of our things were stored and there was room left over.
The bathroom again was small but nice.
Tintoretto Deck Outside Cabins