3. Vision of the Seas
Loved our hotel-Arc La Rambla precruise in Barcelona. Excellent location right on Las Ramblas and very close to cruise port. This was my 20th cruise and unfortunately see negative changes on Royal Caribbean. I suppose new cruisers would be happier than us "oldtimers" since we know "how it used to be"! Royal Caribbean is "nickel and diming" every chance they get! Drinks, internet, speciality restaurants all overpriced. And in addition we were now charged for a shuttle bus into town- and a tender into Venice! Really? Many passengers were quite unhappy with the absence of lobster on formal night- never! As far as the benefits of Diamond status... slim! The Diamond Club was such a small space. We went once to the cocktail hour but left quickly since it was so crowded. Yes, drink vouchers -3 per night- were loaded on our Seapass card but try to get a bartender to wait on you when no tip is involved! There was one "Top Tier" event for the entire 12 night cruise. In the past there were three special events. Oh, and room service now has a charge of $7.95. It is truly not my style to be negative but feel Royal Caribbean is changing and not for the better. I enjoyed the cruise, fellow passengers, ports and had a wonderful time - in spite of the changes.

Wonderful Cruise but....