3. Norwegian Epic
We booked this cruise for the itinerary it was on and the water slides for my daughter and I. She was so busy, we never went down them. Sad While the ship is huge, we never really felt crowded except at the buffet on the first afternoon. As for the food, it was ok nothing special. Keep in mind, when in the Mediterranean, European Beef is not the same as American beef. A bit more gamy. Dinner at Cagney's wasn't as special as I had hoped. We upgraded to preferred seating at the Cirque Dreams show. It has a prefixed menu that again was simply ok. Get there early if you want a truly preferred seat. Tappanyaki was really good. Could have been perfect without SO MUCH garlic on the fried rice. As for shows, not much into simply dance shows and I don't want to see a drag queen show with my daughter. For the teens, there is a great program with Entourage. Parents have to sign them in at the beginning of the cruise. One complaint... Kids swipe their card to come in, but can just walk out at will without signing out. So when I was looking for my daughter and she wasn't in the room, nobody could tell us when she left. Shore excursions are simply to expensive on the ship. Because there was 3 of us, we booked a private car and driver for way less then the cost of the shore excursions on a bus with other 50 people. We came and went on our own desires not some set schedule. Overall, with expectations not set way to high, we had a great time with no complaints. If you want pampered service and exceptional food, try Viking or a higher end cruise line at $5,000+ per person. If you want a fun family get away that is relaxed and casual, this works perfectly. For us, that's what a vacation should be.

Family with a 13 Year Old... we had a great time.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by peterv54301

peterv54301’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B2 13155
Enough has been said about the interesting configuration and the strange toilet / shower situation. if you don't know it by now then.... It wasn't a big deal for us and we planned accordingly. There was a loft bed that came out of the ceiling and a couch that pulled away to provide another bed if we needed it. We didn't. The closet doors just open fully with the bed pulled down and getting to the balcony was a challenge. Loved the balcony for both its functionality and it's view. Beds were comfortable and when we asked for more pillows, we had them in minutes.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Barcelona
    We arrived 4 days early and rented an apartment through TripAdvisor. Really worked out very well.
    View All 2,229 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    This was the best tour of the trip by far. Shasha was amazing and the sights we saw were beyond out expectations. Lunch for a local deli in the French Alps at a picnic table looking down over Cannes and Monte Carlo. This was a lot more money... $90 per hour. SO WORTH IT! You could not do this from a bus tour
    View All 26 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    This was more of a ride to Florence and back with a two view stops added along the way. Same $350 for all 3 of us so not sure if this one made sense. Since this car was also a Taxi, he actually ran the meter. It came out near the same. Still, nice driver and way less then the ship price
    View All 79 City Tour Reviews
  • Amalfi Coast
    Seriously exceptional driver / tour guide. Beautiful scenery and sights we couldn't have found on our own. $375 for all of us in the van total plus tip. The best way to go
    View All 262 Amalfi Coast Reviews
  • Rome on Your Own
    Same deal, although at $350 for the car. This time a Mercedes Sedan vs. a Van. Didn't care for this guide as much. To much time on his phone and he seemed to have his own agenda. Should have set that myself earlier. Took us to a lunch spot where the bill was @ 100 Euro.
    View All 155 Rome on Your Own Reviews